We've been helping our neighbors across the street load up to move to Alabama. They've been good neighbors and we're sad to see them go, but excited for new opportunities for them.
I had a craft party at my house on Monday to help get my mind off of this never ending potato harvest. Only one friend showed up, but it was nice to have some one on one time with her.
My parents came to visit this weekend. We gleaned potatoes off the field behind our house and picked apples at the college's orchard. We tasted at least 24 different varieties to know which ones we wanted to pick...we were so sick of apples afterward! I know what my favorite varieties are now though, and I have lots of apples to put up. Anyone have a peeler/corer I can borrow?
One of the Bigfoot Monster trucks was visiting one of the tire stores in town. We drove past it and Maggie begged and begged for us to turn around and go see it. We walked around it on display and took some pictures, but we missed the show of it crushing the cars because we were eating lunch and because I was pretty sure it would scare Maggie. We did make sure to drive back and see the wreckage though, and we showed up just in time to see them load it into the semi. It looked a little funny with the skinny tires on it. Driving that thing into a semi trailer, with about two inches of leeway on each side, does not sound like a fun job to me, but they got it in safe. (Driving our car over the pit at the service station about gives me an anxiety attack even though I know I have plenty of room on each side.) Maggie likes to talk about how the monster truck said, "vroom vroom vroom vroom" now. She's scared of monsters in her room, but apparently she likes monster trucks :)
And here's what happens when you let your baby try to feed himself. He has to learn sometime, right?

1 comment:
I want to know what apples are your favorites!
Post a Comment