Saturday, June 18, 2011

As Promised, the Big Reveal

I finished the saddle on Tuesday, but I was postponing the big reveal until I got some pictures of the saddle actually on a horse.  The weather's been crummy though, so as promised here is the saddle.  I guess I'll just add more pictures later.  All in all I'm very happy with how it turned out.  It's far from perfect, but I knew I couldn't expect perfect on my first one.  The imperfections are just blemishes though, nothing to hinder how it functions.  I know a lot of things to do different when I make mine, which sadly will probably end up being a lot nicer than Jonathan's for that simple reason.

If I would have known how exciting it would be to finish it and have  it turn out to be a real live bonafide saddle , then I might  not have taken four years to finish it :)


Probably my favorite detail :)

Our brand is on the cantle.  It looks kind of tiny in the picture, I probably should have made it bigger.  The horn is crooked, which drives me crazy, but it's the tree's fault not mine.  I wish we would have invested in a better tree.  (The tree is the wood and rawhide chassis the saddle is built on.)

So there you have it :)  Happy Father's Day Jonathan!
  Photobucket

2 comments:

Ainsley said...

wow janessa! what a huge accomplishment. it looks perfect to me.

Emilie Cook said...

That looks amazing. I am very impressed!!