Man, I've been a slacker in the blogging department. Forgive me. Sometimes I feel a little redundant since I post a lot of the same stuff on facebook, but I know that not everyone who reads the blog has facebook, and not everyone who looks at my facebook page reads the blog, so I'll continue putting pictures both places to include everyone that might care to know what's new with us. With that being said, here's the latest...
 |
| After we finally had good enough weather to get the saddle on him, we realized I needed to change/tweak/adjust a few things. Everything is finished now, but unfortunately Dunny got a wire cut on his front left leg that was just deep enough to knick his superficial tendon. So we're doctoring him and hoping he makes a complete recovery. He's walking a lot better, but still has a limp when he runs. Needless to say, we won't be testing the saddle out again anytime too soon. |
 |
| I really don't care for this picture, but I thought I should include one of me and the saddle. I was waiting to take a better one, but it looks like that won't happen for a while. |
 |
| My sister and her family came up to visit this weekend. They always have a family reunion in our neck of the woods this time of year, so we have to share them :-( On top of that, they all got sick so our plans kept changing. It was good to see them though, and it was nice just to just sit around the house and hang out. It just didn't last long enough. Maggie loves my sister Julieanne. She calls her "that mom", I guess because we look a like. When ever we're together she always says, "I want that Mom to help/hold me." Maggie cried when they pulled out of the driveway today, and it may, or may not have made us cry too. |
 |
| Maggie loves getting her toenails painted so I use it as a bribe/reward a lot. This particular day I think we were just a little bored though. |
 |
| I made yummy sugar cookies for some new neighbors and new moms in our ward. Since it's a holiday weekend though, not very many of them were home when I delivered them, so we ate them all ourselves. I'm disappointed, if you can't tell :) |
 |
| I made festive monkey bread too. It didn't last very long. I guess I am a little obsessed with food. It think good food helps make holidays great :) |
 |
| I really love having a little girl! Her hair is lots of fun to do! I would have included a picture of her adorable face, but she took a pretty nasty tumble in the yard and has a big patch of road rash under her nose and on her chin. |
 |
| I can't keep up with this little monster. I know he looks innocent in the picture, but he is fast and into everything! |
 |
| This is probably the most fun I've ever had with a watermelon, and I think the kids had fun reaching in the shark's mouth to retrieve a juicy snack. |
Our own little circus!
This crop duster has been doing the fields behind our house lately. He is a maniac! Maggie gets excited when she sees airplanes though, so she's had fun watching him. (It's not so fun when he's buzzing just over the top of our house at five in the morning though!)
1 comment:
everything looks so festive--love that star in maggie's hair. hope you had a great fourth.
Post a Comment