Last night it dipped down to 26 degrees. I forgot to cover the garden before I went to bed. I'm sure you can figure out the rest of the story.
I have a small glimmer of hope that some of the plants will rebound, but that glimmer fades a little more each time I inspect the damage. If only I would have remembered to cover everything--I guess that's why they say hind sight is always clearer.
I was really excited for my garden this year too. I started all my transplants from seed way back in March and nurtured them into big lovely plants until they could "safely" be planted in the garden. I carefully selected each seed variety so my garden would produce exactly what I wanted it to. It wasn't like I went to the nursery and picked a few plants up from the meager variety in stock. But now I'm afraid that's what I'll have to do if I want to pick tomatoes, squash, melons, or anything of their sort from my garden this year. Oh well. Life goes on.

2 comments:
Oh, that is so disappointing especially after so much work! I think I would have cried. Aren't we glad we don't live when that would have been your only food? Good luck!
I would have cried too. Im so sorry - you need to catch a break. :)
Post a Comment