Friday, May 7, 2010

Hope for me Yet

Yesterday Maggie went potty in the toilet for the first time! I wouldn't say we're hard core potty training yet, but she has shown a major interest in using the toilet as well as showing a lot of other readiness signs. We're taking it slow and easy for now--I don't want her to feel pressured. Plus she's very independent and likes to figure things out on her own. So for now we let her try when she wants to (she bangs on the bathroom door or brings us her potty seat) and don't force her any other time.

I'm thinking there might be hope for me yet. My life will be so much more simple (and cheaper) if I only have to change one kid in diapers come September.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Ainsley said...

i'll keep my fingers crossed for you. buying diapers for 2 kids... doesn't sound like fun to me.

McBrides said...

Oh Janessa, I can't wait until she's potty trained for you! That's awesome that she went for the first time! Good luck when you decide to potty train!! Umm, and by the way, the baptism cake is amazing. You truly amaze me Janessa, I am so impressed with your talents! Seriously, amazing!