I bet you can't guess what this cake is for:
I was pretty happy with how the figurines turned out, but not so pleased with the cake. The fondant had a few flaws, but I'm not going to point them out. I guess I'm a little dissatisfied because it didn't turn out exactly how I was hoping it would.
The dad's hair turned out darker than I wanted it to. I was trying to add touches of gray, but they turned out black instead. When it was all done I realized the dad looks just like Jonathan's younger brother Don.
The resemblance is uncanny. Jonathan's family might think I'm losing it comparing fondant to my brother-in-law. Please tell me you see a resemblance as well. Too bad the firgurine is supposed to look like the boys dad and not my brother-in-law. Oh well. On second thought, maybe I am losing it because the boy looked exactly like Charlie Brown to me until I added his hair.
I need to go deliver it now. Hopefully the parents (and the boy) like the cake. That's always my biggest worry (that and dropping it when I go to deliver it). When it comes right down to it, my opinion doesn't matter because I'm not the one paying for the cake.

6 comments:
It looks great! You do such an amazing job on all of your cakes! you are so creative and good at it? Do you enjoy it a lot?
Are you kidding me? What are you complaining about? This is adorable and I would love to be able to make a cake that looked half as good! You are amazing!
WOW! LOVE the cake. You do such a good job. I have never tried figures and am kinda scared too! I would love to talk to you sometime about how you charge. I am trying to start up my own little thing and have no clue how to charge. I guess I just hate charging people! ha ha. Anyways, great job.
Janessa, are you kidding me?? This is DARLING!!!! You are absolutely AMAZING!! Keep it up girl!
Wow, can I get lessons? I promise I live too far away to steal your business. Besides I wouldn't be near talented enough to actually sell any of my creations. But I would really love to learn. Your water is amazing, too. So cool!
This is my favorite of the cakes you've made! I'm so jealous of your creative abilities! You're amazing! Love, Johnna
Post a Comment