Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Any Guesses?

I've made a major dent on the cleaning so I think I'm safe from spending the night out with Duke. Cleaning takes so much longer when you have a toddler following you around uncleaning everything you just cleaned up :) Oh well. No one expects a house with young children to be immaculate right? I think the tiny fingerprints all over everything add character. They represent the current stage of our lives.

Enough babbling about cleaning though. The real reason for this post is for you to guess what we're having. Our ultrasound is scheduled for the 19th. That's one week from today. Do you think we'll have a boy or a another girl?

A lot of people have asked me if I feel different with this pregnancy. The answer is yes and no. The similarities are that I haven't been sick, but I have been tired everyday. The differences are that I have less of an appetite and so far I don't get heartburn as often (probably because I'm eating less--and hopefully gaining less too!) Also I feel a lot more emotional with this one...the slightest thing can put tears in my eyes. It's embarrassing really. Sometimes I think Jonathan's the one that suffers most since he has to put up with my mood swings. So far I still fit into my regular jeans, but I am starting to wear maternity shirts so that I look pregnant instead of fat. All in all, I probably feel a little better with this pregnancy than I did with Maggie.

This baby is a kicker and likes to move around. I feel it move a lot more often and quite a bit stronger than I felt Maggie at this stage, but that's typical for a second pregnancy I guess.

The other question I've been asked a lot is if I have any "intuition" of what the baby is going to be. Not really. Deep down I think it's a boy, but I'm not sure if it's intuition or me getting my hopes up. I'd like to know that we'll have at least one of each gender. Another girl would be fine though. I already have everything I need to have a baby girl :)

What do you think? Boy or girl? Results will be posted as soon as we find out.

Photobucket

7 comments:

Ben and Kelli said...

I think girl... don't be mad at me!! :) can't wait to find out!

Anonymous said...

I vote boy!!!

Mallory Hanna said...

I think boy!!

Ainsley said...

ummm, i'm feeling boy.

Amy said...

Hey Janessa, I am thinking of boy with the things you were saying, it's exactly how I felt with my little Wilson!! Can't wait to find out! :)

Leslie said...

I am hoping that it is a boy!!! whatever it is i am sure it will be stinkin' cute!!!

Jill said...

I am feelin' another little girl, but I hope it's a boy...it's so fun to have one of each!