Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Keeping it all in Perspective

Recently I've heard a lot of people sharing their experiences about the loss of their child. While my sister was at Primary Childrens with her son she told me about a family who was also at PCMC. They had lost two of their children in a short period of time because of a faulty rodenticide application. My cousin shared a video of her friend who lost her daughter to a choking accident. Now I've been reading a friend's sister's blog about their little baby girl who is dying from a rare disease (www.ellastouch.com) This same family has already lost a son when he was six months old.

I cannot fathom losing a child. I'm not sure why each of these stories have found their way to me, but each has given me more compassion and each has made me strive to be a better mother. I don't ever want to take Maggie for granted or the joy that she brings us. Like any toddler she can be a handful at times and sometimes I wonder if I'm going insane. Yesterday she opened a kitchen drawer (that she can now reach) and managed to grab a bottle of green food coloring, which she then squirted all over her hands and floor. Her hands will be green for a while, but it's okay because I've been blessed with a beautiful healthy daughter. Life is fragile.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I have heard of seveal people that have lost their child or have had their baby way early lately. I have a couple of blogs I follow if you are interested in reading a few that I read about the trials that they have gone through losing a child. I am with you and I can't even imagine loosing my two precious babies!

The Hammonds said...

Amen to that!