Every year about this time I start pacing the floors wishing spring would come. It's so bad right now that I had to change the background of this blog to something a little more bright. I need to feel the warmth of the sunlight again! It doesn't matter whether or not Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow. We are always stuck with at least six more weeks of winter around these parts. I think we still have a good foot or more of snow on the ground.
To make matters worse, the seeds I ordered for our garden came in the mail today. I'm ashamed to admit this, but I've contemplated shoveling all the snow off of the garden plot so that I'll be able to work the ground sooner. (The garden has a huge drift of snow covering it so I thought I could at least even it out so it wasn't the last area of the yard to melt.)

Maggie still has the mystery rash. Heat rash is supposed to clear up within four days and it's been ten so I no longer think it was heat rash. It doesn't really seem to bother her and she never got a fever. Anyway, I took her to the doctor yesterday to see what they said. I waited in the exam room for over 45 minutes and no one had come in to see us yet. I started to wonder if we had been forgotten about. Maggie was getting really antsy and was only satisfied if she could play with the biohazard/infectious waste garbage can (which of course I wouldn't let her.) Then I realized I had the phone number to the doctor's office saved in my cell phone. So I called.
"Hi, I'm in exam room 15 and I've been waiting for over 45 minutes. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't forgotten about. I understand if the doctor is still with someone else, I just thought I'd check..."
"Room 15 you said? Okay, I'll at least send someone in to check on you."
Atleast? I figured that meant a nurse would come in and tell me the doctor was busy and he'd be in as soon as he could. Then I heard a phone ring on the other side of the door. (The doctors' desks are lined up outside the waiting rooms.) This is what I heard:
"Hi. Uuuuuuugggghhhhhhhh. Shoot, I forgot. Okay thanks. Bye."
Then immediately my exam room door opened and the doctor walked in. Apparently I was forgotten, so as awkward as it was, I'm glad I called the front desk. He was really apologetic and said it had been a Monday "from you know where."
He was pretty concerned when he saw Maggie's rash. He thought it was probably strep throat because it can develop into a rash if it goes long enough and her throat did look irritated. He said he's been seeing a lot of strep lately. The test came back negative though, so he said to keep an eye on her and that it was probably just a viral rash that has to run its course. If it doesn't start showing any progress he said to call in a week.
I don't really want to go wait at the doctors'office again, so hopefully it clears up soon. Wow that made me sound like a selfish mom. I hope it clears up for Maggie's sake as well :)
Oh and one more thing. Our newest niece, Kya, arrived on the 20th. She's a cutie and we're looking forward to meeting her.
1 comment:
Poor little Maggie! I hope she gets feeling better soon. I love that you called the front desk, that is hillarious. I sure you were so annoyed!
Post a Comment