Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Maggie Stats, Workout Results, and More!


First of all, thanks for all the great ideas everyone! I went to the dollar store for inspiration and I found quite a few things that I think will keep Maggie entertained on the flight. So those items in addition to your ideas should be our saving grace...hopefully. We still have a little time before we head out--I don't want to put the specific dates on here. I hope you understand :)

Maggie continues to amaze us. I think the stage she is currently in is my favorite so far.
  • She is constantly learning and it's so fun to watch her figure new things out. She just figured out how to climb up onto the chair next to me.
  • She sleeps through the night, and on the rare occasions that she does wake up she is really easy to put back down. She goes to bed at 7:30 and wakes up around 8:30. Then takes a good nap during the day.
  • She is in the 37th percentile for height and the 4th percentile for weight and is 15 months old.
  • She has 10 teeth, six of which she just recently cut and she still has a few about to cut.
  • She loves getting her teeth brushed.
  • The other day she pointed to a picture of some bulls and said "moo".
  • She's getting a lot closer to saying "Mommy" but for now she still only says "Daddy", "hi" and squawks like a seagull.
  • She understands quite a few words. If we ask her to go find her baby she'll walk around the house until she finds her doll, then she runs back to us with it. She'll do the same thing with shoes, socks, balls, etc.
  • Each morning before I get ready for the day Maggie brings me my boots and looks at me like, "Come on Mom, put these on so we can go somewhere!"
  • The other day at church she was watching the chorister, then she started waving her hands around in the air like the chorister was doing.
  • She likes to dance to the radio.
  • She is obsessed with pulling her arm out of her sleeve and through the neck hole of her clothes.
  • She mimics me when I'm working out. A few days ago I paused the workout DVD to change the radio station and when I turned around Maggie was looking at the screen doing squats with bicep curls.
Speaking of working out:

After Christmas I found Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred workout DVD on sale. I had heard good things about it so I decided I'd give it a try. I discovered that Jillian Michaels annoys me (we don't have cable or dish or local channels for that matter. Therefore we don't watch The Biggest Loser like most everyone else I know so I didn't really know who Jillian Michaels was.) I usually
turn on the radio so I don't have to listen to her during my workout. Aside from her annoying me and some of her workouts being bad for your knees, I don't have anything bad to say. I've been working out faithfully for about 15 days now and I have already lost 7 pounds! Every time I step on the scale I weigh less--that is a weird, yet satisfying feeling. I keep thinking the scale must be off. I have never really been the type of girl that frets over my weight--so long as I know I'm healthy and happy with how I look I could pretty much care less what I weigh. So getting satisfaction out of my weight is a new thing for me. I have passed my pre-pregnancy weight and I am headed toward my beginning-of-marriage weight :) And the best part of all is that I am still eating brownies and Oreos--two things I am not willing to give up.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Maggie is so cute!!!!

I have that DVD, and it is a good workout, but when I do it, all Jeremy hears the rest of the day is how much I despise Jillian! :) Good job! Now you've motivated me to go do it again. I've been fairly loyal to my elliptical trainer, but that is getting boring. Keep it up! And I'm impressed Maggie lets you work out when she's awake. I usually have to exercise during Meredith's nap (because I'm too lazy to get up early in the morning).

Jill said...

DOn't you love the feeling of getting on the scale and seeing the results you've been working for!

And amen to brownies and oreos! The reason I work out is so I don't have to diet...seriously, I LOVE food way to much to give up the goods for some lame calorie counting :)

Good luck on your trip, can't wait to see the pics!

The Gronemans said...

You're a go getter! Congrats!! Also, Maggie is adorable. I can't believe how big she's getting!

Ben and Kelli said...

7 pounds, I'm so impressed!! Good job Janessa, and Maggie's little toothy grin is so cute! She sounds like so much fun!

Ainsley said...

congrats on loosing the weight! that is so much to loose in just a couple weeks. i'm so impressed. loosing weight in winter is hard to do.

The Hammonds said...

Mmmmmm...brownies and oreos. I guess I better go pick up that DVD because those are definitely on my list of foods I'll never give up!