While I was out there a starling flew out of its nest straight into the wall above the aforementioned cat-can. Of course momma cat jumped at the opportunity for a free lunch. Meanwhile, another starling watched its friend's life come to a fateful end and started freaking out. This bird was literally trying to attack me, as I was standing by momma cat looking at her kittens. I ran out of there with my arms waving. I am not a fan of starlings.
This reminded me of something that happened over Memorial Day weekend. During sacrament meeting a bird (I'm pretty sure it was a starling as well) flew into the chapel from the hallway. It was creating quite a distraction as it flew back and forth over the congregation. It reminded me of the story about the sparrow that flew into the Salt Lake Tabernacle. Jonathan had to flick my leg and give me a reprimanding eye, which he had every right to. This little bird had completely distracted me from what was sacred and important. It made me wonder what the other starlings of my life are--the things that divert my attention from what is really important. Our housing situation has been, to name one. Everything will work out, so why am I allowing it to take so much energy from me? So, Thanks to this little bird I'm making an effort to live a more focused life. To be a better wife and mom, and person in general.
No comments:
Post a Comment