On another spiritual note...We have a big wedding picture of us in front of the temple hanging on our wall that Maggie loves to stare at. I know people say that babies can only see twelve inches in front of their face, but she seeks this picture out no matter where she is in the room. Once she finds the picture she locks her eyes on it and stares away. We really feel like she was there in spirit on that day and she seems to remember it. Why else would she love to stare at that picture so much? Maybe it's just coincidental that she always seems to stare at it, but it's nice to think about any way.
It's hard to believe our little girl is one month old tomorrow. Time is going so fast. It reminds me of the Collin Raye song "I wish I could".
Looking out my window
I See you playing in the leaves
It's amazing how a little girl
Means all the world to me
When I tell you that I love you
I love you more than words can say
Smile, say cheese pretty-please
I wanna take your picture
How'd you ever get so big
I gotta take your picture
Hold on to the memory before the whole thing slips
away
I wish I could save these moments
And put 'em in a jar
I wish I could stop the world from turning
Keep things just the way they are
I wish I could shelter you from everything
Not pure and sweet and good
I know I can't, I know I can't
But I wish I could
When you kiss me for no reason
It goes straight to my heart
When I feel your arms around me
I almost fall apart
It's time for bed you whisper
Daddy, we forgot to pray
I wish I could save these moments
And put 'em in a jar
I wish I could stop the world from turning
Keep things just the way they are
I wish I could shelter you from everything
Not pure and sweet and good
I know I can't, I know I can't
But I wish I could
And when I watch you sleeping
All my worries fade away
A little bit of heaven glows on your angelic face
I wish I could save these moments
And put 'em in a jar
I wish I could stop the world from turning
Keep things just the way they are
I wish I could shelter you from everything
Not pure and sweet and good
I know I can't, I know I can't I know I can't
But I wish I could
We are so thankful for her and the joy she is in our lives. I really don't know what we did with out her. She has brought such a spirit into our home and has made Jonathan and I even closer. It is incredible to think about what a miracle babies are. So many things have to develop before they are born, and there are so many things that could go wrong. And yet so many of them are delivered absolutely perfect. How could a big bang organize everything so perfectly? Maggie alone is proof that we have a loving Heavenly Father. He has trusted us with one of His children and I pray that we can raise her in a way that is pleasing to Him.
3 comments:
SHE IS SO CUTE! BUT I THINK BABIES CAN SEE FURTHER THAN THEY SAY THEY CAN TOO. AND THE GIRLS ALWAYS LOCK THEIR EYES ON OUR BIG PICTURE OF THE TEMPLE ALSO!
I absolutly agree. Babies make life complete.
Thanks for making me cry my eyes out. That will now be my new favorite song. The blessing was great and I am so glad we came up. You two are great parents already and Maggie is adorable! You outdid yourself yet again on the blessing dress. Where do you get all this talent? To quote the song that is playing right now, "you move me." Even though you are my younger sister you are still a great example to me. I love you!
Post a Comment