Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Three Years and Counting...


I'd like to take a moment to celebrate my husband. I feel like my words are completely inadequate to express how much I love him. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I am the luckiest girl in the world. I know every girl says this about her husband and it's kind of cliche, but I honestly mean it. Jonathan, you give me so many reasons to love you. I love you more and more everyday.

He is the hardest working man I know and he rarely complains about it, even though there's a lot that he could complain about. A lot of people ask me what his typical day entails. It depends on the season, but there's times that he's up long before dawn and doesn't come in until long after dark. All he asks of me in return is that I feed him:o)

He holds the priesthood and is an active and worthy church member. I can't imagine what our home would be like without this gift.

He is great with kids. Since he grew up in a family of eight boys, I tell people that it will be interesting to see how he interacts with our little girl. In all honesty though I know he'll be sweet, gentle, and fun because I've seen him with our nieces. I am so lucky to have him as the father of our children. Today when we watch our wedding video it will mean a lot more than in the past few years. Watching our baby photos will bring up a lot of emotion as we imagine who our little wonder will look like.

He treats me with respect. I don't always deserve to be treated as well as he treats me, but it doesn't stop him.

He has fulfilled my dreams. I have everything I dreamed about when I was little. I am married to a loving husband, we have a baby on the way, and I live on a farm and have my own horse. (Actually in some aspects he has exceeded my dreams, since he calls three of the horses mine.)

He is fun to be around. He can always make me smile. I love days that we can spend a lot of time together. I love to tag along with him at work. He calls it "help" but I'm not sure how much help I really am, I'm just glad to be able to spend the time with him.

I really am so lucky! Thanks for all you do--happy anniversary Jonathan.

1 comment:

Jill said...

sounds like you got yourself a keeper! you two are perfect for each other!