I know that pride is a sin and it's not nice to brag, so I guess I'll repent after this post;o) But in the mean time, I feel like I'm not too out of line to share my victory with you for a few reasons:
1. There are a lot of good cooks who read my blog, and they've already mastered what I just succeeded in. In fact, I know of at least two readers of this blog who majored in culinary arts, and I'm sure what I'm talking about is a walk in the park for them.
2. I am completely overjoyed and I wanted to share my happiness with my family and friends.
3. It took me over three years to master this, so I think I deserve to celebrate a little.
You might wonder what I am talking about, so I guess I'll tell you now. I am talking about baking a perfect loaf of bread. You may recall that Jonathan knew me as "the bread girl" before he knew my name. That first loaf of bread I made for him left a lot to be desired for...it was burnt, flat, and was "to be honest, not as good as [his] mom's." So for the last 3+ years I've tried to be an ideal farm wife for him, which includes being able to bake beautiful loaves of homemade bread. But every time I tried something major would go wrong. Either they would turn out pretty, but taste disgusting, or they would turn out ugly and taste okay. I didn't understand, especially since I always used to same recipe. I could bake rolls and other yeast doughs just fine, but bread was not my forte. I started having success a while ago, but I didn't want to celebrate too early. Well, I have now successfully baked six perfect loaves that he has proclaimed "as good as his mom's." And trust me, that's a big compliment! 
1 comment:
Way to go! That looks so good. You are such a great homemaker! I like to buy my bread:)
Post a Comment