I went to the doctor today. Everything is looking good...and ahead of schedule. He told me I am measuring more like I am four weeks away from delivering. That would put me around September 22. In other words, I am 9 months pregnant instead of 8 1/2.
Yikes! Where has all the time gone? It is only different by two weeks and suddenly I feel so much less prepared. The reality of having a baby really hit hard today. It has been almost surreal until this point. Maybe because October seemed like a long time away. After all, October is in the fall and it's still summer. September on the other hand is only a week away.
Now I am filled with a lot of mixed emotions. Since I'm the youngest in the family I don't have much experience with babies. I hope I can figure everything out. I'm also nervous about the timing because this is the absolute busiest time of year for Jonathan. As soon as he finishes second cutting of hay, grain harvest will start and that will flow right into spud harvest. Somewhere in all that chaos he will fit in weaning and fall vaccinating. Work will pretty much be non-stop until the middle of October. People keep teasing us that Jonathan might not get any time off when the baby comes. So in the back of my mind I have stupid fears that he'll miss her birth all together. Having her come earlier than we planned might be better timing than October 3rd though. But, amidst all my nervousness I can't help but think about how I might get to hold our daughter sooner, and look into her eyes and hear her cry. And on the upside, I'll be able to sleep comfortably again and I can kiss heartburn goodbye. So I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.
I don't think he officially moved my due date, but he told me to come in every week now since I am measuring like I am further along. So I'll still plan on the third, but be prepared for the 22nd. I was planning on packing my hospital bag on my birthday, since it was exactly one month away. Should I pack it earlier now? For the last 34 weeks I've been saying October 3rd, and now I'm not sure what to say...or think for that matter. Ready or not here she comes:o)
6 comments:
you are wonderful at everything!!! violin, baking bread, making cowgirl boots, soc tests, wedding cake frosting---just go ahead and add motherhood to the top of that list--i know you'll be an amazing mama.
I know how you feel try having it only 1 week away(hopefully). but will i be glad to sleep comfortably and not have all the miserable things that come along with being pregnant. Then again i am going to bring two babies into this world and I tell myself i know i can handle it, but can I? there is a lot of emotion about bringing your own child into this world i know! you will be a great mom. and i think i would be even more scared if i was the youngest and didnt watch my mom with the four younger than me. but you will be great. i think it just comes natural. This is what we were put on earth to do! :)
JANESSA HOW DO YOU MAKE IT SO YOUR LINKS SAY WHEN THEY VISITED LAST? I WANT TO DO THAT TO MINE. CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO DO IT?
OH man! I know how you feel, except they told me Myles was measuring REALLY small. They said he would be lucky to weigh 6 pounds. Then... he was born and 7 pounds 8 ounces later. It really is hard to tell by measurments. I would atleast have a few things you know for sure you want to take to the hospital together though. Good luck! I bet she is beautiful.
I think you are smart to plan on the 3rd of October and be ready for the 22nd of Sept. They come when they want to. That is exciting and you will be impressed by how well your husband will make time for him family. Best of luck.
janessa, this is nancy from your cake decorating class! i was just blog jumping and found you! congrats on expecting a baby, it sounds like you have everything undercontrol and will be a great mom. watch out though cause our little girl came 4 weeks early and scared me to death (whole story is on our blog)...we had just moved, so you should prob pack that hospital bag cause we were not ready one bit! feel free to check our blog out.oh and i love your crafty blog you started.good luck with everything! ~nancy
Post a Comment