This is now my favorite outfit for our little girl. I stamped the onesie myself and after I made the bows I realized how well the onesie, bow, and brown pants went together. Hopefully she comes with a traditonal King-girl head of hair so I can attach all of these bows. Otherwise a headbead with the bow attached will have to do. 
Saturday, July 12, 2008
I Hit the Jackpot!
Originally I didn't want our little girl to be too frilly. I don't necesarilly want a tom-boy, but I don't want a little girl that is brought up to care so much about fashion that she is always begging for money when she learns what "shopping" is. I guess it's because I wasn't ever a big shopper and I would have rather spent my money on craft supplies, books, or something other than clothes. Now I'm just rambling, but I think a lot of it is the pricing. I see a shirt on sale for $30 and I think to myself, "I could sew that for $5!" Anyway, I found a remnant bag of ribbon at Wal-mart for just $1! I think there must have been at least 20 yards of different ribbon in there! So I made bows out of all the ribbon, and now I'm thinking it will be fun to dress her up and put bows in her hair. I guess it's okay to dress them frilly when they're a baby;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is adorable!! She is going to look so precious!
Janessa - This is your cousin Kelly. I don't know if you knew that I read you blog, but I love it! I'll send you an invite to ours (not sure if I have already - will check).
LOVE the bows! I didn't think I would be much of an accessorizer with my baby Meredith, but I'm craving hair accessories for her. Now I want to go to Walmart and see if I can score a remnant bag! :)
Soooo cute! And what's wrong with shopping? :)
Darling! I love the cowgirl onesie. How clever, you are! My Julia isn't usually too frilly, but it is fun to dress her up on special occasions, for church, and such.
Post a Comment