Thursday, July 3, 2008

God Bless the USA

"I marvel at the miracle of America, the land which the God of Heaven long
ago declared to be a land choice above all other lands.

I love
America for her great and brawny strength, I love her for her generous heart. I
love her for her tremdendous spiritual strengths. She is unique among the
nations of the earth--in her discovery, in her birth as a nation, in the
amalgamation of the races that have come to her shores, in the strength of her
government, in the goodness of her people.

God Bless America, for she is His Creation"

-Gordon B. Hinckley

"Behold, this is a choice land, and whatsoever nation shall possess it shall be
free from bondage, and from captivity, and from all other nations under heaven,
if they will but serve the God of their land, who is Jesus Christ." -Ether 2:12

I feel so blessed to live in this great country! I hope in the midst of all the barbeques and fireworks we all take some time to reflect how truly blessed we are. I am thankful for our forefathers who sacrificed to build this great nation. I am thankful for the service men and women, past and present, who have left their families and put their personal lives on hold to stand up for our freedoms and what we believe in. Happy Independence Day and God bless America!

No comments: