Thursday, June 5, 2008

FAMILY TRIP TO PARK CITY
The King Family trip to Park City was a lot of fun. It was cold almost the whole time we were there. Jonathan couldn’t attend because he was busy with work. I didn’t want to drive myself down there, so I ended up riding a shuttle from Rexburg to Salt Lake. It was okay…a little slow, but it was cheaper than paying for fuel and it beat driving that far by myself. I guess I am too used to driving in small towns now because driving in traffic, like that found in Salt Lake, really about gives me a panic attack! So I was in Park City with my family May 21-25.

I was really looking forward to going shopping for the baby at the outlet mall. The hardest part was finding neutral colored clothes that I liked since we don’t know what we’re having (more on that later). I did find some cute baby clothes though and also some cute maternity clothes. I don’t like spending money, but I was pretty impressed with everything I was able to get for what I paid.




Thursday the 22nd was my nephew’s (Jones) birthday. He turned three. I helped my sister Julieanne make a monster truck cake for him. Then we had a party for him and we all watched him open his many presents. He is very entertaining.

My oldest sister, Lori, came from Minnesota with her two daughters, Morgan and Sage. They were a lot of fun. We put Julieanne’s little boy, Marshall, and Sage on the bed next to each other. It was quite the contrast! Marshall is a chunk and Sage has the biggest most amazing eyes!

Because we didn’t all fit in one car I rode around with my sister Lisa almost everywhere we went after she got up there. It was nice to spend that time with her and her daughter Jade. I don’t see them very often and when I do we don’t usually have one on one time like that. It was really special to me. Jade was cute. She wanted an ice cream cone so bad. By the time we finally got her one she was so tired that she just about fell asleep eating it. I turned around to check on her once and could tell she was really fighting keeping her eyes open. Then she said, “I’m so tired I can hardly keep my eyes open!” Beside the ice cream, she absolutely loved swimming, even though it was freezing cold outside!
My family had two different photo contests. They were a lot of fun. The first was for each individual to enter up to five of the best pictures they had ever taken. The other was a scavenger hunt of 25 different objects that we had a few weeks to take a picture of. Then we all sat down together and voted on our favorites. Dad and Mom supplied great prizes. Jonathan loves his new binoculars!

AND THE BABY IS...
Wednesday the 28th was my ultrasound appointment so that we could find out what we’re having. We went, but our silly baby was too shy to show us anything. The very first split second the probe was on me the doctor said, “I think I see boy parts,” but then the baby moved and after that we could never get the baby’s knees out of the way to show us anything. We have a hunch it’s a boy though, and that’s exciting because it’s what we both want our first kid. But, we don’t have any sound evidence so now I get to wait until the 27th to find out what we’re having. Hopefully the baby cooperates better. We did get to see the heart, the knees, the hands, the knees, the stomach, the knees, the toes, the knees, and the elbows. Pretty much everything but the...well you know. It was cool to see everything though.

I have had all of my baby projects on hold because I wanted to wait to find out what we were having. I finally gave up on that idea, so I have started sewing stuff, painting the furniture, and decorating the nursery. I picked out some red and tan gingham, coordinating red, and red with tan bandana print material to sew the bumpers and crib skirt and such out of. I figured it would look masculine enough by itself and I could add some bows and girl it up a little if we are having a girl. When I get the nursery all assembled I will take a picture and attach it.

The baby is moving a lot now. It is kind of a weird feeling, but it’s fun. I’m afraid its most active time is right when I’m trying to fall asleep at night. Jonathan says it inherited being a night owl from my side. I say it inherited his shyness since it was too shy to show us what it is.
OTHER RANDOM NEWS
Not much else is new. We named our colt Chance. Then if we decide to register him his official name will be “Connie’s Last Chance.” Connie is his mom and he’ll be her last baby, so I thought the name fit well. He’s a fun little guy. He has figured out how to buck and hop and kick, so now he runs around the corral kicking his feet up and throwing his head around. He is pretty entertaining to watch. I will try to get video of it.
Oh, the only other thing I guess I should update everyone on is planting. They did finally start planting grain, but it has been really slow because it has been raining so much. They are planting potatoes now too. The field around our house is in potatoes now since last year it was barley.

5 comments:

Kristy said...

Is this the Janessa King I know! This is Kristy Shepherd! I saw you commented on Lindsey's blog. I am excited to hear you are pregnant as well! Babies are so much fun, but they grow WAY to fast. Mine is already 18 months... Well Now that I have found you expect lots more comments!

Jill said...

oh my, it looks like you are definitely living your dream! I remember when we were little and all you wanted was a million horses and animals...I am glad you got what you wanted! I am so excited that you are having a baby!! we need to see some pics of your little belly!

McBrides said...

Ooohh, I love that you have a blog! And I love looking and reading about everything going on in your life...just as Jill said, it's so cool cause you really are living your dream! That's awesome! And that's funny about the baby not letting the doctor get a good enough shot to say what it is! I'm excited for when you guys find out boy or girl...for sure! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting Janessa! Blogging is a WONDERFUL thing and I'm so glad we'll be able to keep in touch.

melody said...

It was so good to read your comment! I love catching up and seeing what old friends are up to. It looks life is treating you well, I am so happy for you. Congrats on the upcoming miracle! Babies change everything - for the better.