It is still too wet to plant and everyone is getting stressed out. They are now a month behind schedule, as grain is usually planted the 15th of April. They are to the point now that they are thinking a normal grain crop will not be possible, but I still think something will work out. I guess I'm an optimist. It has definitely been a different year up here for the weather.
Surprise! Our cat had kittens! We knew it would come at some point since a tom cat mysteriously showed up after we got her. Actually, I'm surprised it hasn't happened a couple times before this since we've had her since October. She does a great job of keeping the mice away, so no complaints there. She had six kittens, but three died. The three that are left are all females and grey striped. If you want some kittens I know who will give you some:-) My sister Julieanne asked me if all of our animals are pregnant...pretty much everything but the males...there must be something in the water!
There's really a feeling of spring in the air now. I really love it. Each day I move the mare and her colt from the barn to a corral outside where they can enjoy the sunlight. He is doing well, but he has managed to hurt his shoulder and we're hoping he gets over that. He'll let me pet him and brush him now-actually it's the mare that lets me. She was very protective of him after he was born and she's an ornery mare to start with. She still acts up occasionally, but she'll let me at least walk up to him and pet him. I was kneeling and petting him one day and he turned around and touched his velvety little nose to mine. It was cute. I think he'll have a better temperament than his mother. We still haven't named him yet...hopefully we are a little faster at naming our baby when it comes:-)
Speaking of the baby...we will find out on the 28th what we are having. I am trying to wait patiently so that I can start all of my baby projects. I am so excited to buy/sew clothes and get the nursery ready and that fun stuff. Right now if I wear the right clothes you can tell I'm pregnant and not just fat; most of the time I just feel fat though. My biggest struggle is that all but one pair of my pants is too small and my maternity clothes are all borrowed. I need something I can work and get dirty in. Between helping fix fence, moving the horses around, getting the garden ready, and just plain living on a farm I get too dirty to wear clothes that aren't mine. They need to make maternity work clothes, but I guess they don't because they don't expect pregnant ladies to be out fixing fence and such:-) So I mostly just wear my same pants every day. I'll really be in a bind when they don't fit anymore.
We are having a King family trip to the condo in Park City May 18-25. Jonathan can't take work off so I'm going by myself. I am excited to see everyone and make lots of memories. Plus, it will help pass the time to my ultrasound.
There, we're officially caught up.
1 comment:
I love your pictures. They are always so awesome. I guess that is why you win photo contests. :)
Post a Comment