OUR WEATHER TODAY
That’s right…snow. We woke up this morning to about ½” of snow on the ground. I vowed I was not getting out of bed until it melted. Luckily it was all melted by 7:30 because I really needed to get some stuff done before my visiting teachers came over. Then around 10:30 it was really coming down. Lynn came over to see if Jonathan was home. When he left he wished me a Merry Christmas. Hence, my garden is not planted and wont be planted for at least a week. The average last frost date here is June 15. This year it will probably be July 1 though!
MY PROJECTS
Jonathan has been teasing me because I have the nursery all set up and we have over three months to go. Julieanne is definitely right when she says the King girls don’t stop a project until it’s done, and we usually end up making it more difficult than it had to be. So, even though I have over three months to do all this, the King blood in me took over. I painted the furniture, sewed the crib set, and set everything up in less than two weeks.
It’s not all the way done though, so I guess I’m not too pathetic. I still need to make the handles for the dresser. I am going to tool some leather handles and attach them with some screw-back conchos. I also need to make some modifications to the bumpers, sew a few more things, and sand the edges of the furniture so it looks a little more weathered. So far I am really happy with how everything turned out though. I even quilted stars into the bumpers, it’s hard to see in the picture though.
I decided I am glad that I did it now though because my sewing room is upstairs and it gets hot up there without air conditioning. So at least I got it done while it was still snowing outside so I didn’t die of heat.

MY BABY BUMP
Here is the picture that has been requested. It’s pretty self explanatory. A lot of people have been telling me I look little for how far along I am…I don’t feel very little though:-) Maybe they’re just being nice.
THE REDNECKS IN US
After the three feet of snow finally melted, the grass shot up like a teacher who just sat on a tack. We couldn't get our lawn mower to start for some time, but now that we replaced the spark plug it’s working great. The only problem is that the grass is so long now that it takes less than a minute of mowing to fill the bag up. Our lawn is pretty big, so it’s been a long process. By the time we get the lawn mowed it’s going to need to be mowed again! We’ve decided that we’re going to hire the horses, at least for the back yard. I figured it would take less time to clean up their messes than it would to mow the entire back lawn. Then we’ll resume mowing when they get the grass back to a manageable length. It’s win-win. We don’t have to pay for hay to feed them while they’re out there and we don’t have to pay for gas for the lawn mower. So even though it might seem a little redneckish, it's also a good idea.
That’s right…snow. We woke up this morning to about ½” of snow on the ground. I vowed I was not getting out of bed until it melted. Luckily it was all melted by 7:30 because I really needed to get some stuff done before my visiting teachers came over. Then around 10:30 it was really coming down. Lynn came over to see if Jonathan was home. When he left he wished me a Merry Christmas. Hence, my garden is not planted and wont be planted for at least a week. The average last frost date here is June 15. This year it will probably be July 1 though!
MY PROJECTS
Jonathan has been teasing me because I have the nursery all set up and we have over three months to go. Julieanne is definitely right when she says the King girls don’t stop a project until it’s done, and we usually end up making it more difficult than it had to be. So, even though I have over three months to do all this, the King blood in me took over. I painted the furniture, sewed the crib set, and set everything up in less than two weeks.
MY BABY BUMP
Here is the picture that has been requested. It’s pretty self explanatory. A lot of people have been telling me I look little for how far along I am…I don’t feel very little though:-) Maybe they’re just being nice.
THE REDNECKS IN US
After the three feet of snow finally melted, the grass shot up like a teacher who just sat on a tack. We couldn't get our lawn mower to start for some time, but now that we replaced the spark plug it’s working great. The only problem is that the grass is so long now that it takes less than a minute of mowing to fill the bag up. Our lawn is pretty big, so it’s been a long process. By the time we get the lawn mowed it’s going to need to be mowed again! We’ve decided that we’re going to hire the horses, at least for the back yard. I figured it would take less time to clean up their messes than it would to mow the entire back lawn. Then we’ll resume mowing when they get the grass back to a manageable length. It’s win-win. We don’t have to pay for hay to feed them while they’re out there and we don’t have to pay for gas for the lawn mower. So even though it might seem a little redneckish, it's also a good idea.
6 comments:
oh my, look at your little belly! you are such a cute pregnant girl. That crib set is adorable, props to you for all that hard work your putting in...you are quite the little crafter!
Wow! I am very impressed! Also, I have that same rocker and LOVE it! It is so comfortable while nursing and the boppy fits right on the arm rests so you can sleep while the little one eats. Myles still loves sitting in it to read booh (books). Thanks for the tummy pic, you look great.
I'm so glad that you have a blog!! Are you still in Idaho? When are you due? You are so talented, I love the crib set! That's so exciting. We live in California. My daughter is eight months now and I have another baby due in January. That's all here. It was really good to get the update!! Have fun!
Wow!!! You really outdid yourself on all the baby items. The crib looks awesome and I love the matching dresser. You are so talented. Must run in the family...ha, ha! I can't wait to see it all. The changing table looks great now that it is all cleaned up and spiderless!!! I love the baby bump picture,too. You look so cute!
Hey Janessa. It's so fun to see what you are up to. Man, how many years has it been? I can't believe all the animals you have. I didn't know you were into that, but it's awesome. Congrats on the baby. I love the nursery.
Janessa, I love the baby room!!! You did an awesome job. I would love to borrow the bumper pattern. When is the next time you are coming to Utah? If it is not soon I am sure I can go buy it; it probably wasn't too expensive, right?
Post a Comment