Sunday, July 26, 2015

March 2015

I think we got more snow in March than the rest of winter combined.  It had been so warm and sunny, that Maggie left her bike in the yard just to find it had turned into a (b)icicle the next morning ;)
 Lane is getting quite proficient at drawing tractors!
Lane built this miniature snowman while Jonathan and I were setting some feeder panels for the cows. The shadow it is in is the shadow from the truck's side view mirror.
We took our annual family vacation to go to bull sales and visit cousins.  Dawn and I took the kids bowling and to an arcade while the men were busy with bull sale business. It was Maggie and Lane's first time bowling.  
Maggie hit the jackpot twice at the arcade and ended up winning over 700 tickets. The prize counter was a little short on selection, but she was thrilled she had won so much! She talked about it for days after.

 Somewhere behind this fence is the top selling bull that went for $50,000!
 Crazy sock day at school.
 Swinging with his boots on the wrong feet (which seem to be on wrong more than they're on right.)
 Sharing ice cream with mom.
 Maggie "helping" with the dishes :)
Diddling with doodling. It's been awhile since I've sat down and drawn something. I gave it to our niece, Melanie.
When we got back from our family vacation, all of these signs were set up heading up the canyon. We were so confused what they were about that we went for a drive following the signs.  It turned out to be a movie set.  They were filming the pilot for a show about a couple who strikes it big in the oil boom of North Dakota. I'm pretty sure where we live looks nothing like North Dakota, but whatever floats their boat I guess.
 Hat day at school.  Naturally she chose her cowgirl hat.
 Paper plate Easter Bunny crafts.

One of the workers was burning ditch banks and fence lines by our house. Then I happened to look out the window and see a fire truck parked in our driveway hosing down a big tree that had caught on fire and gotten a little out of control.
 Lane "scaring" the automatic door open at the grocery store.
 A beautiful spring evening to go on a picnic with friends.
 Maggie trying to coax the wild bunnies with baby carrots.
Finally got around to making some chore charts for the kids. The system isn't perfect, but it's better than nothing.
 For the first five days or so they were very excited to clean, including scrubbing toilets!
Jonathan had me come help him fix a gate one morning just outside the house. The lighting on the horses was so perfect that I had to run back in and grab my camera. I'm glad I did. These turned out to be some of my new favorite pictures.
Photobucket

No comments: