Maggie is always writing nice little notes for people. She gave this one to her bus driver.
Speaking of her bus driver, We have been curious what her bus route is exactly. I had to show up early to help set up the ward Christmas party, so Jonathan and the kids drove around until it was time to show up. They ended up driving Maggie's bus route and she showed him all the stops and told him who gets on there. Then on their way back to the church she said, "this is where the bus hit a car." From what we could gather, a car was sticking out of someone's driveway a bit and the bus clipped it. She said it wasn't a big deal and the bus driver got out and talked to the people, but we were both a little shocked that that was the first we had heard of it. Hopefully that's the only incident that ever happens with her riding the bus--it does worry me a little with her going down the windy canyon every day.
Bob the Builder and Queen Elsa for Halloween.
And a mime. That make-up took way longer to apply than I expected.
We decided to cut pumpkins to match their costumes.
Lane got a movie called "Stub the Best Cowdog in the West"for his birthday. He was watching it one day while I was in the other room. He paused it and said, "Mom, hurry come here! Come here!" I came running thinking something must be wrong. Then he pointed to the screen and said "That's what I want for supper tonight. Ok?" Giant T-bones. It didn't happen that night, but we struggle to get him to eat, so if making steaks meant he would eat all of his meal I made sure it happened soon after :)
Maggie said she was a little scared of the person taking her school picture. I guess that explains the hesitant smile.
Lane loves to help me with the dishes, even though sometimes his help is merily making me smile.
Sometimes Lane gets himself dressed and he ends up being a walking contradiction :)
Our friend made this custom bumper for our truck in return for some work Jonathan had done for him. Our last name is cut out in the middle, but I don't like including our last name on the blog, so you can use your imagination.
I won tickets for Maggie and I to attend the Nutcracker ballet. It was nice to have some one on one mommy and daughter time.
Santa sent a new elf to our house this year because the other one had some health problems (his felt fingers had fallen off, and he was coming unstitched.) Our new elf is named Rudy.
This is the first day we started feeding cows this year. We started later this year since there was still plenty of feed and no snow late into fall.
What Christmas looks like at our house. The kids have their own little tree that they put all their decorations on.
Since it doesn't look much like winter, and thus hasn't felt much like Christmas time, I painted frost on our windows with epsom salt dissolved in water.
This is my new favorite picture that I've taken. The cows just seemed to pose themselves when we got done feeding one day. I call it "Dare to be Different."
I saw this picture on Pinterest and thought is was funny in a very unfortunate way. Maybe some people should not be allowed to own livestock.
This was our stunning sunset the other night while I was in town.
Jonathan's boss orders a chocolate cake from me around this time every year. This one went together without any snags, which was not the case with last year's. I was happy about that.
Lane and Maggie have been wrapping random items from around the house for each other. I caught Lane trying to wrap this pen and crayon with about half the roll of paper. They now require adult supervision when wrapping gifts ;) There are so many mystery presents under the tree that I'm a little excited and nervous to find out what they all are come Christmas morning. I was rearranging them the other night to make room for other presents. I picked one up and realized off of the feel of it that it was our rice bag that I've been searching for. I like to warm it up and make my toes toasty, but it disappeared and I couldn't find it. I guess that explains it :) I wonder what other missing items are wrapped up under the tree...
One morning we found out that Rudy had found himself a honey ;)
Maggie got to decorate ice cream cone Christmas trees and wear her pajamas to school on Polar Express Day. Our school does a good job of having fun days for the kids.
Maggie drew this picture for her cousin Marshall. She talks about him a lot and we're pretty sure she has a crush on him :) I think it's cute that Marshall's arms are too short to reach her hand, so there's an arrow to make up the difference :)
I took this picture a while ago, but never shared it. This is the view out my in-law's back window. I'm pretty positive that this view never gets old for them!
Hopefully I will get around to blogging about Christmas before Valentine's Day ;) Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
















No comments:
Post a Comment