I have a bad case of the winter blues, so excuse me if I sound a bit like Eeyore here. I feel pretty ho-hum and glum about life right now. I have so much to be thankful for and happy about that it makes me more depressed that I can't seem to feel happy, if that makes any sense. I guess I'm going on a lot of guilt trips lately and the scenery isn't very pretty. Hopefully my return trip will be soon because I hate feeling this way. I came across this quote the other about something I struggle with, especially with reading blogs and facebook statuses; they always share the blissful moments, and I'm left thinking their life is all bliss and mine is not. I keep deleting this paragraph, but this is my journal and I guess I better keep it real. If I only write about the amazing things in our lives then I'm not giving an accurate portrayal of my life. Plus, I feel a little better now that I've shared some of my feelings.
The good news is we got the car fixed. My super-husband did it all by himself :) Well, I handed him a wrench or two, but otherwise he did it all.
The bad news is, the clutch went out in the pick-up the same day we fixed the car, so I'm still without a vehicle since Jonathan is now driving the car to work until we get the truck fixed. Lately it seems when it rains, it pours.
I never mentioned that our laptop broke too. All of Jonathan's work files were on it and with calving starting he needed a new one asap. We shopped around and found a used one for a reasonable price. It came with all the Adobe programs, so I have Photoshop now. Another thing to be happy about. I haven't played around with it yet though. I'm really wanting to update our camera, but that's been put on the back-burner for now.
Jonathan got his first calf on Monday, and the count is up to five now. Five down, three-hundred-and-something to go. I'm not sure there's anything cuter than baby mammals, and calves are at the top of the list! He hasn't seen any more wolf tracks, but he's pretty sure he heard wolves howling the other night...they didn't sound like coyotes and chills ran up his back. :-/ Though I think the cows are spoiled, I'm glad they calve in a barn!

I hung some pictures up in our office. It turned into a most-of-the-day project, but I'm really happy with how it turned out. I've been wanting to take some sepia tone pictures of the kids to hang up with some other sepia pictures we already have. This is what I ended up with. Lane did NOT want to leave the hat on, so I'm lucky I got such a cute picture of him with it on :)
Lane said, "Love you" for the first time the other night when I laid him down. I tried to get it on video, but all he did was giggle at me once I pulled the camera out. His giggles were equally as cute though :)
The only other news of the week is that I had a wedding cake order for Saturday. It was really dark in the reception, so the pictures aren't the greatest and don't show all the detail. I'm happy with how it turned out and the bride seemed to be too. The bottom two tiers were actually fondant covered styrofoam; not cake. Since most people don't serve their cake anymore, it's becoming pretty common practice to make a "fake" cake. When I brought the bottom in, some men there were drooling over how delicious it looked and how they would like to eat it. I just giggled to myself, "if they only knew..."
I think that's it. Here's to a better week :)



5 comments:
I gotta say Janessa...your Eeyore post didn't seem to bad to me. You got photoshop, lane said "I love you", you got some adorable photos of kids, and you made a killer wedding cake. I'd say things lookg pretty good! :)
Hang in there girlie, things will perk up...they always do!
oops, that was me...Jill. Sorry, I'm sign in under my work email!
I completely understand where you're coming from. It's so easy to compare our lives to others', but so dangerous. I have to remind myself all the time that other people have their own "dirt"- sometimes its just well-hidden. It's hard. And being housebound in winter just exacerbates things!!! You're not alone. Yay for Photoshop! I love it. I use Photoshop actions all the time. They're my favorite thing about the program.
I so understand this winter blue thing! Mine is more I could sleep and sleep and sleep into the morning. I see no reason to get up. Its gloomy and dark outside, I have no where to go and the day is so much longer the sooner I get up. I only struggle with this in the winter time and this in only the second year. I really hate it but dont know how to change it! But the kids sure are cute! and you did a really good job on that cake!! keep your chin up!
Love the two quotes about insecurities and I know exactly how you feel about reading other people's blogs...I get that same way. But your sepia pictures of your beautiful kids turned out absolutely perfect in my opinion, they are so darling! And your cake is beautiful. Hang in there girly, the blah moments will run their course. I hope they leave sooner rather than later! Love ya!!!
Post a Comment