Lane looks like he's saying, "How much longer do I have to do this?"
The door on our shed has annoyed me since we moved here. It wasn't square, didn't stay open, and it was an eyesore. I've been meaning to fix it for two years now, and I finally got around to it. I forgot to take a good "before" picture, but here's one that gives you a the basic idea...half painted plywood with a jimmy rigged handle and latch.
I froze some food colored water in ice cube trays and then let Maggie "watercolor" with them. She had a ball painting with ice. I tried to have her wear plastic gloves to protect her hands, but they didn't stay on long. She ended up with martian looking hands, but they faded pretty soon afterward.
That's basically it besides I bruised my ego and my body and feel like I've been hit by a Mack truck. I'm too embarrassed to tell the whole story because hindsight's 20/20 and it was stupid on my part and I can see all my mistakes clearly now. I'm critical enough of myself that I don't need anyone else adding their two cents.
Let's just say it was a mishap with my mare that I didn't expect, but probably should have and I should been more prepared for her reaction. In all reality the situation could have turned out a lot worse, so I guess I'll take the bruises and be thankful I'm alive and functioning...I'm just not sure which hurts the worst, my pride or my body. And now I'm sitting here, staring at this paragraph and wondering if I should just delete the whole thing and forget about it. Live and learn, live and learn. I'll just keep telling myself that.

1 comment:
I cannot believe how fast your kiddos are growing. Love the pictures.
Post a Comment