Sunday, August 14, 2011

Rodeo, Pony, Haircut,

We spent the last weekend of July with Jonathan's family for our annual rodeo weekend.  As usual we had lots of fun.  Before we went down, Maggie kept asking me if she could run through the sprinkler, so we packed her swimsuit and told her she could run through the sprinkler with her cousins.  When the time finally came, all she really did was giggle at the sprinkler from just far enough away to stay dry.  She still had fun though.

We went to the rodeo with our good friends Zane and Gina.  We haven't seen them for a while because they moved to North Dakota.  It was good to catch up and spend an evening with them.  I didn't want to haul my camera to the rodeo so I don't have a picture of us together, but I wish I did now.  I should have just used my phone's camera.  Oh well.  Jonathan's mom babysat for us, so it made for a nice date night :)  (Thanks!)  I felt bad because we were out pretty late and Lane ended up waking up, so he/we kept his mom up.  The rodeo was fun though and they had some big name cowboys there.  

When we were packing up to drive back home the next day, Lane was so exhausted that he fell asleep in the middle of the floor. (Did I mention he didn't sleep that well while we were there?)

Since we've been home...
There was a free pony listed on Craigslist.  I've been wanting a pony for Maggie, and we have a plethora of grass this year...so I couldn't resist.  She'll probably end up being a temporary friend, but we're enjoying her while we have her.  Every day Maggie asks to go ride her pony.  When she asked us this morning, we told her it was Sunday so she couldn't because we were going to church.  She said, "I can ride my pony to church!"

I cut Lane's hair.  I've cut it before, but did the same length on the sides and top.  This time I did the sides shorter than the top.  I basically game him Jonathan's haircut.  I can't get over how grown-up he looks now.  I'm having a hard time believing he'll be one next month!
Before
After.  It's hard to tell the difference in the picture...
"Yeah, I know I'm handsome!"
"Now give me the camera!"

These two are such good friends.  I get a kick out of watching them play together.  Occasionally Lane pulls Maggie's hair and she doesn't like that, and Maggie gets a little too rough and Lane doesn't like that, but for the most part their great buds!
Their watching Daddy mow the lawn in these pictures.

My peas are trying to take over the world.  I'm tempted to pull them out, but Maggie loves to pick peas every day.  I had a few watermelons on the vine.  I doubted they would get big enough before frost, but I'll never know now.  I accidentally knocked them off while I was weeding.  Stupid bind weed; and mallow; and redroot pigweed.  There's no room for you in my garden!  My garden looks great this year.  I haven't harvested much besides peas and lettuce...but it's sure pretty :)  My beans are coming on, and my carrots will probably be ready soon.  I have little cucumbers and lots of tomatoes waiting to get red.  As long as we don't get an early frost I should be able to enjoy a little more variety from it :)  

I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot, but this is all I remember for now so you'll have to take what you get :)

Photobucket

No comments: