Monday, July 18, 2011

Memory Monday: The Meanest April Fool's Prank I Ever Pulled

Writing about mice in the previous post reminded me of the cruelest prank I ever pulled on April Fool's Day (or any day for that matter).

I took some kernels of rice and colored them black with a permanent marker.  Their resemblance to mouse droppings was remarkable.  Then on April Fool's eve after my parents were in bed I strategically placed them around my mom's kitchen.  By the bread, on the butter dish, in a few cupboards; you get the point.

In the morning, my mom kept gasping, groaning, and Mormon cursing each time she found more "droppings." Meanwhile, I was silently cracking up.  I really should have picked one up and popped it in my mouth to see her reaction to that, but they just looked too much like the real thing to stomach it.  Eventually I didn't have the heart to let her stress over this perceived mouse problem anymore and I told her what I had done.  She was relieved, allbeit frustrated with the stress my genius prank caused her.  So what did she do?  She pulled the same prank on my sister when she went to visit her in Minnesota.

p.s. I don't want to hear about how mean I am.  I'm talking about the same woman that included a baggie full of dog food and put plastic wrap in the middle of the sandwich in my school lunch every year on April Fool's Day.  She should have seen it coming :)      
  Photobucket

No comments: