Wednesday, January 19, 2011

There's Snow Business...

The other day I was looking at our Thanksgiving Blizzard pictures.  You know the ones I took when we thought we had a lot of snow (which we did).  Now the snow is compacted and has had many new layers added on top.  What I'm trying to say is that the Thanksgiving Blizzard pictures looked wimpy compared to our current snow status.  The pictures really don't do a good job of showing just how much snow we have.  The tractors are running out of places to push snow.  I really should get Maggie a sled because we have some pretty good sledding hills in our yard now.



I heard a few weeks ago that Florida was the only state that didn't have any snow on the ground somewhere.  Even Hawaii had snow on one of its mountains.  I would have gladly sent some of our snow to Florida.  In fact, if it were possible I would have made a special delivery of it to our niece and nephews' house to give them a feel of a real winter and to remind their parents of what their missing in Idaho :)

Usually this time of year I start getting really antsy for something green and alive.  I know I'm not the only one; there's a reason seed companies send their catalogs out in the dead of winter.  For some reason though my green fever hasn't struck yet; probably because we have a registered glacier in our yard and I feel like I'm eternally doomed to winter weather.  It would be a waste of energy to long for something green, right?  However, with that being said, I did try to order my seed the other day.  The only reason I did it this early was because I have been trying to order edamame soybean seed for the past three years and they are always sold out by the time I order.  So I vowed to order earlier this year.  They were still available, but something came up in the middle of me trying to order them, so I logged out and decided I would order them first thing the next morning.  And when I did, they were sold out.  Some luck.  I have found them a few other places, but they would be the only thing I'd order and by the time I'd pay for them and shipping it would be $10 for a little packet of seeds.  I can't justify that.


My sister Julieanne and I have started a business, and I use that term lightly.  Actually she started it awhile ago and I became her partner.  It's really just two stay-at-home moms trying to contribute to their family's finances and get their crafting fix at the same time, but it's a lot easier to say "business" :)

Two of Julieanne's sisters-in-law started a business called Simply Utah which features unique Utah based companies and their goods/services.  We are being featured on that site today.  Our "business" is Huckleberry Hazel and is found here.

In other news, I forgot to mention that our neighbors across the street had a cow and calf moose in their yard the other day.  This is a picture they took.  The moose were basically in the pasture where we had our horses during the summer.  Yesterday when Jonathan was coming home from work, he saw a yearling moose in the church parking lot.  I tried to get a picture of it, but by the time I got there it was gone.

I am teaching a Relief Society class tomorrow night about scripture marking ideas.  Part of me is looking forward to it (not sure why...I hate standing up in front of a group of people) and part of me is dreading it (probably because I hate standing up in front of a group of people).

I'm thinking Lane has an ear infection, but I want to give it one more night before I take him to the doctor.  There are few things I hate worst than paying a doctor to tell you "nothing's wrong" or "it just needs to run its course".  I know they'll give him an antibiotic for an ear infection, I just want to make sure his crying through the night wasn't just a fluke occurrence.  He actually needs to go to the doctor for his four month check-up and shots, so I guess I could kill two birds with one stone.  The shots would have to wait if he's sick though.

Maggie is silly as ever.  I only wish she was still napping consistently.  It seems like every other day she refuses to take a nap, which is disappointing because I really liked that alone time each day.  I try not to let her get away with it, because she still acts tired and I'm pretty sure she still needs a nap.  She's just stubborn and won't fall asleep.  In fact, we've dubbed her "no-nap-Maggie" on those days because she is irritable and fussy and acts like, well, like she needs a nap.  I guess you can lead a toddler to their bed, but you can't make them sleep.

Last of all, our cat Duchess has gone MIA.  We fed her one night and the next morning there was no sign of her and only half of her food had been eaten.  We haven't seen her since.  If I had to guess, I'd say the neighbor's dog got her.  Out of all the outside/farm cats we've had, she was my favorite.  I'm still hanging on to a glimmer of hope that she'll come back.

Oh, and I think my jaw is finally better.  Thank goodness!    

Photobucket

1 comment:

Ash said...

So sorry about your cat! Hope she comes back. Your business is so cute! Lots of fun stuff!