Tuesday, October 12, 2010

10-10-10: Blessing Day

Lane was blessed on Sunday, 10/10/10, and like the date suggests, it really was a perfect day! The blessing was really special, as always. Afterward we came home and had a baked potato bar, salads, brownies, and Texas sheet cake. It was nice to have family here to spend the day (or a few days) with us, and we missed everyone who couldn't make it.Maggie was a social butterfly with everyone around. Jonathan and I were both surprised because she is normally pretty shy in a big group. I guess she has probably felt an attention deficit, so she was soaking up any attention she could get :) In the past we have had a hard time getting her to warm up to Grandpa, but on Sunday she walked right up to him (on more than one occasion) and asked to sit on his lap. So cute.

Yesterday Lane was really fussy and kept screaming out like he was in pain. I couldn't get him to nap for longer than 15 minutes, which seemed unusual for a newborn. I finally decided to take him to the doctor because he just wasn't acting like himself...if a three week old actually has a "himself" to act like. Everything checked out fine so they told me he must just be colicky. No fun. While we were there I had them clip his tongue because he was pretty tongue tied. He seemed really happy afterward, so I joked that his screaming must have been his way of getting me to the doctor so he could get his tongue clipped. I'm not sure why we never checked Maggie's tongue, since she's the one that had a hard time eating at first.

A few nights ago I stepped on the scale out of curiosity and was shocked to see that I am only eight pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight. I have definitely lost weight a lot more quickly (and more easily) this time around. In fact, I didn't lose all of my baby weight from Maggie until a week before I found out I was pregnant with Lane. What weight I've lost, Lane seems to be finding. I was really surprised when the doctor weighed him yesterday; he's already just over nine pounds! He gained a pound and a half in less than two weeks. I'm sure that's not unusual, but Maggie put weight on so slowly that it's quite the contrast to me.
The Relief Society's Super Saturday is this weekend. I've been trying to keep a positive attitude, but I'll be honest, I have felt really overwhelmed with a new baby and getting everything ready for Saturday. I only have a few things left to accomplish, thank goodness! Needless to say, I will be very happy when it's over with (and Jonathan probably will be too so he doesn't have to listen to me complain any more).

Photobucket

2 comments:

Ainsley said...

okay, you have a right to complain. super saturday... hello you just had a baby. i didn't go back to church for 2 months. lane isn't even one month old yet!

but you are skinny & have a beautiful baby. at least you have that to make you happy.

Leslie said...

What a perfect day! How sweet is your baby? He is so stinkin' cute. I still wished you lived near by so we could hang out! Your family is so darling. Good luck with Super Saturday, I wish we were having one!