Sunday, June 27, 2010

My Husband Took Me to Paris!

Oui oui, it's true. Over the weekend we took a quick get-away to Paris.

Okay. Paris wasn't our main destination, we simply drove through en route to help one of Jonathan's brothers move. And we weren't really in France. Truth be told though, I'd much rather visit Paris, Idaho than Paris, France. There are but a few destinations in Europe I have any desire to visit, and for some reason Paris isn't one of them.
Anyway, back to our weekend. If you happen to know where Paris, Idaho is, then you'll know it's near Bear Lake--another destination I've been begging Jonathan to take me to. I told him driving by doesn't count though, and again all we did was simply drive by on the way to our final destination. We did at least stop to get a raspberry shake on the way home though. I'm not sure what pregnant lady would pass that opportunity up :)
Maggie stayed home with Grandma while Jonathan, his younger brother Don, his fiancee (again with the French words, sorry) Heather, and I headed to north east Utah to the ranch where his brother is moving. We met some other family members there and helped unload a semi trailer of their belongings into their new house. The moving process went fairly smooth with only a few minor hiccups...but those are to be expected during any move right?
One major benefit of having seven brothers is that there is never a shortage of help when someone in the family is moving. Here five of the eight boys are carrying the piano inside.

I wasn't much help, but it was fun to see new country and get away--even if it wasn't to some highly sought after vacation spot like I tried to make you believe. I'd much rather be in the country with a bunch of cows than a metropolis of tourists though, so it suited me just fine.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Jess said...

My aunt lives in Paris, ID. And Paris, France was not my favorite place.

You have me thinking about a bear lake raspberry shake now...

The Meek Family said...

Paris Idaho is beautiful but I also LOVE Paris France. :)

Star said...

Oooh, those raspberry shakes are my FAVORITE!!! You are making me crave one right now.

Unknown said...

I go through paris on a regular basis! to go to the inlaws! I will actually be heading through there on wednesday and geez I might have to stop for one of those shakes too mmm!