Friday, April 9, 2010

Show and Tell

I didn't think I had any pictures to share, but lately I have the memory of a goldfish. So, here are a bunch of pictures I forgot about. This picture was the reason I hooked the camera up in the first place. This cake was for a luau birthday party. The grass skirt and "beach" are both made out of cake. The doll is from China, so hopefully I didn't taint the cake with anything :-/ I wrapped it in plastic wrap really good just in case.
Maggie loves books! I read to her every night before bed and lately that hasn't been enough for her. She picks up any book she sees and sits down to "read" it. She's even interested in thick novels. Here she's reading Uncle Tom's Cabin.

On a side note, I checked this book out because I'm related to Harriet Beecher Stowe. My great-great-great grandmother was a Stowe, but I'm not sure how they were related. Anyway, I've always felt like a bad descendant since I've never read "the book that shook a nation." So I'm attempting to read it. I must admit though, I have a hard time understanding the slave language.
This is Maggie's cheesy grin.


Ha! This was me being a spaz with the camera. I stuck a paper towel tube on the end of the lens and took a picture through it. Who knew you could vignette a picture using a cardboard tube?
Maggie's never had balloons to play with before. I brought some home from the Relief Society function. she couldn't decide if she liked them or if she was scared of them. She didn't want to hold them, so she'd let go...
then she'd be so disappointed that she couldn't reach them anymore.

We just bought a new (well, new to us) entertainment center. After the VCR stopped working, we found about 12 "my first words" flashcards shoved into it. Plus Maggie's daily routine consisted of pulling all the movies and DVDs off the shelves and scattering them all over the floor. So we decided it was time for something a little more secure. We bought an oak armoire for a good deal and now everything is completely enclosed and (for the time being) child-proof.

Conference and Easter were great. We went down and spent time with Jonathan's family. Maggie had her very first kid's meal on the way down and much to my surprise she ate basically every bite of it (chicken nuggets and apple "fries" from Burger King.) She is now officially 18 months old...we'll see how nursery goes on Sunday :)

3 comments:

The Bangerter Family said...

First of all congrats on being pregnant. I am very excited for you! Second, don't give up on Uncle Tom's Cabin. It is such a good book! I found it very moving and inspirational.

Britney said...

It is so funny how kids do all of the same things!!! I think Maggie is absolutely adorable and as soon as I get my husband back we should get together!!! Congrats on the new baby too!!!

Ainsley said...

oh, i just love your cakes. the sand and ocean... such a cute touch.