Saturday, December 19, 2009

Show and Tell

Santa stopped by our house the other night. Maggie was so thrilled, can't you tell?

I finally took Maggie to get her shots. The nurse asked me how old she was so I told her 14 months. She looked over Maggie's vaccination record and said, "Okay, we'll be able to give her a few shots today."

I'm not sure how you would translate that, but I was thinking two, maybe three tops. Then the nurse rattled off a long list of what shots she'd be giving Maggie. I laughed and said, "That sounds like a lot more than just a few."

My poor little girl had a nurse on each side of her while I held her down. She got three shots in each thigh. She was a trooper though--she only cried while they gave her the shots and calmed down quickly when it was all over. On the bright side, she only has one shot left and then she gets a break until kindergarten. Whoa, that is weird to think about my baby going to kindergarten.
Here's a sneak peak at what has been occupying my time lately (aside from being a mom and wife of course). I have been working on the saddle nearly every day. It is getting so close to being finished and I am getting very excited. I've stamped and finished the back of the cantle and the seat and jockeys are formed and ready to be attached. All I really have left is the fenders, binding the cantle, and finishing the skirt. It won't be done by Christmas, but it will at least look like a saddle.

See, can't you see the resemblance?
Last night I gave Maggie a string cheese. When she finished eating it I got her ready for bed and brushed her teeth. There were a few pieces of cheese left toward the back of her mouth. I kept brushing and brushing, but those darn cheese pieces wouldn't budge. So I stuck my finger in there and those pieces of cheese were hard. It was then that I realized Maggie had cut a molar. A MOLAR! I had no idea she could already be getting a molar. Her two eye teeth are about to cut through, but I never thought to check for a molar. Maybe kindergarten is closer than I realize.
Maggie is always wanting to touch the camera when I'm trying to take her picture. This is the result:
This cheesy little grin gets to me every time...and her curls.
I know this is typical in Toddlertown, but Maggie makes the biggest messes when she eats. The sad part is I'm pretty sure she thinks it's funny. What's worst? If I leave her in her chair while I get down on my hands and knees to clean it all up, she thinks it's really funny to kick me.
Maggie has reached a huge milestone for a girl. Her hair is officially long enough to put it in real pigtails and a real pony tail. Sometimes I feel like I'm living my life in fast-forward and slow motion at the same time. Can anyone else relate to that?
Maggie apparently thought it would be fun to climb into the empty waste basket and sit down. she fit, but I'm not sure how. Then daddy turned it into a car, which made it all the more fun.

And last, but not least, this is probably our new favorite picture of her.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Momma De said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Momma De said...

she is a doll!!! Just Beautiful, very photogenic! I love the saddle, you're a very talented women