On a happier note, I'm making the wedding cake for this weekend and I am so excited to go to the Logan temple. I'm also busy experimenting with all sorts of new recipes so I can be a good hostess for Thanksgiving. I'll keep you posted if any turn out to be especially good. I hope you all had a happy and safe Halloween.
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Monkey Business and Halloween Weekend
Look at this little trouble maker (or watch her if you prefer). She learns new things every day. She recently figured out how to climb up the kitchen drawers. I'm afraid our little dare-devil is going to hurt herself, but I suppose it's all part of the learning process. This blog is probably making you think that I don't watch our child. I promise I do, she's just always going, going, going and I can't always keep up!
She has also recently figured out how to throw a minor tantrum (sigh). If we don't give her something she wants, she bends over and buries her face in the carpet and starts to cry. It was cute the first time, but I have to admit it's getting old fast. Especially after she did it three times at the library yesterday. If she's starting tantrums this early, what are the terrible twos going to be like? Heaven help me.
But, doesn't she make the cutest little leopard? She was supposed to be a dalmation for Halloween, but she did NOT like wearing the costume, so at the last minute we dressed her up as a leopard. (Sorry Lori to make you go through all the trouble of sending us the dalmation costume to not even use it...and thank you for also sending the leopard outfit!)
We spent Halloween weekend in Utah so we could go to little Preston's baby blessing. It was a special day. We also got to catch up with Jonathan's brother Curtis and his family. His wife Jenny had a BUNCH of hand-me-down clothes for Maggie. (Thank you so much...they're all so cute). It was nice to see family, but we were ready to get home, mostly so Maggie could sleep in her own crib.
Have I ever mentioned I hate driving through Salt Lake. It nearly gives me a panick attack every time. We passed this accident on the way home. I have never seen so many flashing lights on the freeway (not to mention two life-flight helicopters. One already landed and one hovering right above us waiting to land.)
Southbound was closed and northbound was reduced to two lanes. Southbound was backed up for three miles. My heart goes out to the families when we pass accidents like this. None of the paramedics seemed to be in a huge rush. I don't even want to think about what that probably meant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It's amazing how quickly they learn to be terrors isn't it!!
Maggie made for such a sweet little leopard, I love that bow in her hair!
um, make sure to post recipes and pictures of your thanksgiving experiments...I could use a few new dishes!
Let's just pray she is getting through her temper-tantrums early! She does look adorable as a little leopard!
Scary Wreck. We have seen a few bad ones.
Post a Comment