Every night before bedtime I read Maggie a book. It's probably my favorite time of the day because she is so content sitting on my lap and cuddling while I read to her (she will not sit still on my lap for anything else). She quite enjoys books, especially if I let her turn the pages.
Since our children's book collection is modest I often check books out at the library for her. Or maybe it's more for me so I don't have keep reading the same books week after week. Either way, here are a few of my new favorites that I found at our library.
Stick by Steve Breen. This is a hilarious book about a little frog that gets carried away on a big adventure. There aren't many words, so the pictures tell most of the story.
Stick by Steve Breen. This is a hilarious book about a little frog that gets carried away on a big adventure. There aren't many words, so the pictures tell most of the story.

Daddy Hug by Tim Warnes and illustrated by Jane Chapman. This is a rhyming book with the most adorable illustrations!

Fifteen Animals by Sandra Boynton. This book has a surprise ending, which is what makes it so fun. Sandra Boynton has some pretty creative books. 



3 comments:
Janessa, crazy that your baby girl can already turn the pages of her books!!! And most importantly...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! You're getting old!!! Love ya and I hope it's a marvelous day.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY...Kelli beat me to the first comment!!
We love story books in our house too, and we are big fans of the library (even though a two year old and one year old still don't understand "being quiet") I recently ran accross this darling book with wonderful illustrations called the little boat...look into it!!
Janessa,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! That was cute how you came to my blog and I remembered that you and I had the same b-day. I hope it has gone great for you! Your little Maggie is adorable!
Post a Comment