First of all, thanks for all of the birthday wishes yesterday! I had a good day and to celebrate I made myself this cake.
This is the palomino I'm going to have one day...bug eyes, smile, and all.
The cake was mostly just an experiment for Maggie's birthday cake in a month. But then I thought, "where's the fun in making the same cake twice?" So I'm probably going to make her a dog cake instead since she loves dogs so much. Plus, I don't have much experience carving cakes (cutting out the shape desired instead of baking the cake in a preformed pan) and I thought it would be good practice for me. And I'm trying to expand my portfolio of cake pictures. I guess I'm just looking for an excuse for baking myself a childish cake on my birthday :)
Jonathan is getting his wisdom teeth pulled today. They have been bothering him for a while now, and the right one has even poked through. I keep telling people that my husband and my baby are teething. Can you imagine what I'm dealing with here? Just kidding--they've both been pretty good sports. The dentist told Jonathan he thinks he can have them out in 15 minutes, including the time it will take to numb him. Hopefully they are really that easy. I guess I better go start making Jello so it's nice and ready for him.

1 comment:
Darling cake! Every year on our birthdays my mom would ask us what we wanted it to be, and we'd always get awesome cakes like that, it was one of my favorite parts about my birthday!! Maggie will love the tradition too I'm sure. Hope Jonathan enjoyed the jello :)
Post a Comment