Monday, April 13, 2009

Our Crazy Adventures

We are officially done delivering bulls. We put in over 6,000 miles! Maggie was very patient through all of the trips. She really only fussed when it got close to bedtime and she was still in her car seat. We had a lot of adventures and saw a lot of crazy things. Here are a few of the interesting things we saw (at least the ones I was able to catch on camera) An airplane crash.
The shortest mile in the world. I'm pretty sure the two mile-markers are only 50 yards apart. This is actually just south of our house. We noticed it when we were counting down the miles until we got home. Strange.
An airplane flying right next to our car.
This handsome guy driving :)
Are we there yet?
The biggest oversized load I have ever seen! It took up both lanes. The pilot car would only let a few cars pass at a time. When this happened the semi had to move over to the shoulder and the cars had to pass on the other shoulder. The pictures don't do it justice. It was insane!
Look at this contrail from an airplane. Do you think they realized they were going the wrong direction so they turned around? Maybe they were just out sight-seeing. Who knows?
We saw a variety of terrain. From snowy pine forests to dusty sandstone deserts.
Somewhere around here we saw five wild burros. Not quite as majestic as a wild horse, but still pretty cool.I'm pretty sure Radiator Springs was somewhere around here :) (On the way to Green River, Utah)I'm not sure how cows survive in the desert, but here's proof that they do.
This nifty ice sculture formed on one of the trailer's tires.
The house that Jonathan's great-great-grandfather lived in. I love this house. There is so much history behind it. I would love to buy it one day so that it's back in the family.
Ahhh, there's no place like home. It was fun to be on the road, but it's nice to be home again for more than just a few days. Calving is almost over and now it's breeding season. Spring is finally here, though I'm sure we'll still get a few more snow storms.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that ice sculpture is cool! We passed one of those oversized loads a couple of weeks ago. There is a place about 1 hour from here that those trucks are at. you should see them all put together! the tires are huge! Glad your home!

Momma De said...

fun road trip..enjoy them while you just have one! I should go running by your house, I could get my miles in a lot faster :)