Friday, April 3, 2009

6 Months Old & No More Toothless Grins : (

Maggie is 6 months old today! Half a year has really flown by! She has been a joy to have in our home and she keeps us laughing. The other night she had a real laugh attack. Every time I looked at her she would crack up. I guess I'm funny looking.

The poor little thing is getting her first tooth. I discovered it poking through her bottom gum yesterday. She's a trooper though. She wasn't very fussy so I didn't even think to check her mouth. I just assumed she was tired. I can't get a picture of it yet, so you'll just have to take my word for it. I'm not sure I'm ready for her to have teeth yet because I love her little toothless grins. I guess I knew this was going to happen eventually though. Actually I knew it would happen sooner than later because she has been chewing on everything she can get her hands on.

She had a well baby exam today. She apparently got her lack of height from my mom :) She is only in the one percentile for height. She is in the 28th percentile for weight. The word most people use to describe her is "petite." She's healthy and chubby... just small. Maybe she'll be a gymnast instead of a basketball player.

She has really discovered her toes. She would hold onto them before, but now she eats them. Again with the gymnast...she's a pretty flexible little girl! Here's some video of our little toe muncher.

Her hair is long enough to put in a Bam-Bam hair-do. She looks kind of like a unicorn.

She had fun seeing her cousins and aunts and uncles last weekend.


She is a very happy baby and we hope the next six months are just as fun!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

She is so cute! I can't believe she has teeth the twins still dont have any yet. i'm sure soon though! time flies!

Jill said...

What a doll! I love those toothless grins too!

The Hammonds said...

That picture you took of us turned out pretty cute. Poor Jonesy needs another girl in our house besides me. He loved having Maggie and you guys around. Thanks again for coming to visit and for your help on the quilt. It turned out fabulous! Maggie is a doll and I am already missing her.