Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Corrections and Other News

After reviewing the sale and the situations at hand, we will only be delivering bulls in Utah, Nevada, Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. The people from Indiana are coming to pick up their heifers today, so that trip is out of the question. I'm a little disappointed that we don't get to go anywhere new, but I'm also a little relieved. I know Maggie will do fine with those trips, so I don't have to worry about that.

Hmm, as far as other news goes...

We are currently working on halter breaking Chance. I wanted to get him started before we weaned him...but I was pregnant and Jonathan was busy so it didn't really work out, plus I lost the halter I tied for him. He seems to be learning fast and he doesn't seem to have inherited his mother's ornery temperament, thank goodness. He's pretty docile and willing to walk on lead. On nice days I slip out to the corral while Maggie is napping. I have been feeling pretty crummy lately so I have made an effort to get a little more vitamin D in my life. So far it seems to be helping, and playing with my horses always helps brighten my day :)

I will also be making another wedding cake for a friend. I am a little nervous because I haven't done one since Maggie was born, and let's face it--it's a little harder to juggle things with a baby. But, it's a pretty simple cake so I'm not too worried about it. There will most likely be pictures here after the wedding (April 25).

I think that's it. Thanks for reading (and commenting) :) Have a great day.

6 comments:

The Little's said...

Sounds like you are busy as ever. If you need me to watch Maggie while you do the cake, I can certainly do that. Just let me know. I hope you have fun on all your road trips. It is a lot easier when they are little when they get to be Brandon's age it is hopeless.

Unknown said...

Let me know where in wyoming you are going to be going to! Sounds like lots of fun though! Hope maggie does good too! She is super cute still!

beccandjp said...

oooo its horse breaking season!! I am going to start one this week, he just turned two and I cant wait to get on him!! Good luck with yours! Its amazing what this amazing weather does for a persons horse life!! Good lcuk with your trips!!!!

Unknown said...

yeah I am further east! Their Dr. Suess outfits were bought at disney world when my brother and his wife were there last may.

Amy said...

I had no idea that you were a cake decorator. How fun!! I do want to see pics when you get it done okay. You are such a cutie Janessa.

Kassi said...

I love seeing the cakes that you make. If you post it on your craft blog will you make a note on this blog. I would love to see it!