Monday, January 12, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things

I was downloading pictures off of my camera today and I came across these. I realized the stories were too funny not to share.

Here's the background: Our nephew Jones is all boy--he occupies his time with trucks, dinosaurs, tools, you name it. Last summer he went to the BYU tailgate party and was able to meet the cheerleaders. His grandma happens to have a BYU cheerleader Barbie in mint condition. My sister and brother-in-law thought it might be funny to wrap the Barbie up and "give" it to Jones for Christmas.

He slowly peeled the paper off and got a disgusted look on his face when he saw pink on the box, yet, he continued to unwrap. Once the paper was off and he realized it was a Barbie, he slid it across the floor to his parents and said, "I DON'T LIKE DOLLS!"
Thanks for being so entertaining Jones.


Another funny thing that happened on Christmas morning was with Maggie's gift from Santa. Santa only brought her one gift since she's still a little young. He brought her two little toy tigers that sing and make noise. Since we were staying with my sister and brother-in-law, I asked them where "Santa" could put Maggie's gift so there wasn't any confusion in the morning. I didn't want my nephews to think the tigers were theirs. My sister, Julieanne, told me anywhere would be fine because the boys would be so occupied with their presents from Santa that they probably wouldn't even notice the tigers. On Christmas morning, Marshall woke up first. While we were waiting for Jones to wake up Marshall saw the tigers, scooted over to them, and started playing with them. Then shortly afterward Jones woke up and out of all his loot from Santa, the first thing he went to was Maggie's tigers. "Hey, what are these?!" Apparently Santa knew the tigers would be a hit. :-)

I like how it looks like Maggie is pointing at the tigers as if to say, "Look what I got!"

1 comment:

Katie said...

oh she is SOOO cute!!!