Friday, December 5, 2008
National Finals Rodeo
Yesterday was the opening day of the National Finals Rodeo. It is one of my favorite things about this time of year, aside from Christmas. I know not everyone is a rodeo fan, and that's fine--to each their own opinion. What I love about it is that rodeo is a sport that takes true talent and perseverance. So many NFL and NBA stars get paid millions a year, and they complain that they're underpaid and overworked. Those who compete in rodeo have very little handed to them, they remain humble, and they always publicly thank God for all He has given them and for His creations. It takes true talent to make it in rodeo. Consider that each cowboy or cowgirl, besides rough-stock riders, has to haul their horse to each rodeo they compete in across the country. With the price of fuel you can't make a living rodeoing unless you have true talent. And again to each their own opinions, but I've been around rodeo enough to know that the animals are all treated very well and they love to compete. Just watch a barrel horse getting ready to run down the alley or a horse as it is backed into the box ready to chase a steer. So to those who care, happy N.F.R.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I don't follow rodeo much, except when it is in town, but I agree, it definitely takes talent.
Post a Comment