Sunday, October 19, 2008

Excuse me while I ramble for a minute. I have had a hard time keeping a journal since I got married. Life can be hectic and it seems I don't find the time to write my feelings down. I find time for the really important things, but not our everyday life. Plus, my other struggle with keeping a journal is that I often used my journal for the wrong reason. A lot of entries were written to vent when I felt I had no one else to talk to. When I read entries like that down the road I regret ever writing them and they leave me feeling depressed. This blog has been perfect for me because I write just enough to keep everyone updated on our lives and since it's public I really focus on what I'm writing and keep it on the sunny side. So I guess, in a round about way what I'm trying to say is sorry that sometimes this blog is really just for my personal records. I copy and print each post after I write it and put them in a binder so our kids can look back at them someday in the future.


So here's an update. Maggie is doing great. She weighed 7 pounds 11 ounces at her last appointment on Wednesday, which means she gained a whole pound in one week. I can't believe how fast time is going by! It's hard to believe that two weeks has passed already! Jonathan's dad told us to enjoy our time with her because one day we'll turn around and she'll be in college and all grown up. I feel like I'm adjusting to life pretty well, though I have had a few down moments. We made it to church for the first time today...well Sacrament meeting at least. Jonathan got released from the primary today and I forgot to ever mention that I got released from nursery and I am now the Humanitarian Specialist. She is starting to cry, so I guess my blogging time is up :-)

2 comments:

Kelly said...

That's a really good idea- to print each post. I think I'll start doing that. Jeremy got me scared one day, telling me that I need to have some sort of backup for my blog in case anything ever happens to blogger...not that it will, but I guess you never know. So thanks again for the reminder!

I'm so happy for you guys. Maggie is so cute, and you will be awesome parents. It is hard in the beginning. I thought I was "normal" during those early weeks, but now I look back and realize I was a hormonal basket case! Do treasure her as she's so tiny. I get teary-eyed now whenever I see a tiny baby because Meredith is 6 months already!

Congrats and good luck and all that jazz. I love your blog!

Kristy said...

She is so sweet! I just wanna love her and hug her!

It does take a while adjusting mostly to the lack of sleep and the strain nursing puts on your body, if you are nursing. I'm sure you will do fine, give yourself a little more credit! :)