Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Joys of Summer

Photobucket

Today I ate my first raspberry out of the garden. I forgot how amazing they taste! I have intentions to make jam this year, but the raspberries are lucky if they make it inside before they're eaten, so that might not happen. Apparently I have to guard them though because last night I had the dogs out and I turned around and Patch was helping himself to some fresh raspberries. I was not happy because raspberries are one thing I have not learned to share! The huckleberries are still green, but there should be an excellent crop this year and I can't wait for some huckleberry pie!

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

I am so glad that you found our blog. Thanks for the update on you and Jonathan. Congratulations on the upcoming baby. October 3rd is my birthday too. Merrill and I are expecting baby #3 on December 15th. Time really does fly by. I love your blog and be sure to keep in touch with us.

Jeanne said...

Are you guys living in Preston? Merrill and I are going to Island Park for a family reunion and we were thinking it would be fun to get together. It would be the 1st or 2nd of August? If you're not too busy?? let us know.

Jessica said...

Hey! I am so glad that you found my blog! I am so excited for you to have a baby girl... they are so much fun! It is a lot of work, but it is totally worth it!

Luke and Linds said...

Hey Janessa- I was just looking at high school friends blogs and ran into you. This is Lindsey (Johansen)Coats. It's good to see how you're doing! Congrats on being pregnant! I had a baby 10 days ago, he's absolutely wonderful! Good to see you're doing well!