Friday, June 27, 2008

The Post You've All Been Waiting For....

I'll cut to the chase. We went to the doctor today and the baby cooperated much better this time. We are having a little girl:-) Her heart beat was 143 and everything looked good. I didn't post a picture because it wasn't very clear, but she ended up waving her forefinger at us. The doctor said she was saying, "shame on you for looking." Jonathan says she was saying, "shame on you for thinking I was a boy!" After every visit the doctor says, "I don't know what you're doing, but keep it up 'cause everything looks great!" so I guess I'll just keep doing whatever it is that I'm doing. I don't think I'm doing anything different really. I feel great, so I am just plugging away at my normal everyday life.

We are excited. I am just kicking myself a little for being impatient and buying boy items off of a hunch. A lot of people have told me that I'm a patient person, but in this case obviously I wasn't. I'm sure we'll have a boy in the future though, so I'll save the boy stuff I have and get girl stuff from here on out. Now that the news has sunk in, I am getting really excited to make her little dresses, do her hair, and have a little helper in the kitchen and around the house. I'm sure Daddy will take her out and show her how to work and do chores too. Even though we both wanted to start with a boy, I know she'll have a very soft spot in our hearts. I'm sure Heavenly Father is placing her with us for a reason.

I know your next question is, "What names are you thinking of?" We like the name Maggie, so unless we change our minds she'll be our little Maggie. We've decided that our girls won't have middle names, so we don't have to worry about thinking of one.

Now that the suspense is over we can all relax...except me. I've got to get busy making little girl stuff.

10 comments:

Mom King said...

Well, I feel like a proud mom and a bad mom at the same time. This si the first time I have read Janessa blog. I didn't take my sleeping pill and have been awake since 3:40..I finally gave up and came downstairs to do some things for Bill, I and decided to check my email first. There was Janessa's email about the baby being a girl. I had already received the news by phone yesterday after her doctor's appointment. So I sat here at 5:45(Jonathan is probably shocked and amazed that I am up before the sun, and it's not by choice) reading her blog, with tears streaming down my checks...I finally had to go get a tissue. Seh is such an amazing person. (All my kids are!) Some parents teach their kids that they can do anything they set their minds to. I don't remember teaching her that specifically; I think she just decided that on her own. From making her own wedding cake (had she ever done that kind of thing before? NO!), to learning leatherworking, to teaching herself piano. she has always been amazing. So I sat here at what to me is the wee hours of the morning and read about her in her blog, and just let the tears flow. (Like I could have done anything different...) I loved seeing the darling baby's room, Patch pull the weed through the fence, reading about her favorite things of summer, remembering how delicious her huckleberry pie is, seeing the cute picture of her 'baby bump', and just loving her for all she is. I am so grateful for all five of my kids, that they were all married in the temple to wonderful spouses, and for all the Heavenly Father has blessed me with. I love you, Janessa and Jonathan. I'll try not to teach Maggie that song "If all the raindrops were lemon drops and gumdrops" but I can't promise anything. But I do promise to love her and be a good grandma. And I think I better not skip taking my sleeping pill until you need me to help you with the baby in the night.. I'll be there...Love, Mom King

Anonymous said...

I just bought an awesome present for you guys! Hee hee.

beccandjp said...

CONGRATS!!! I am so happy to hear your gong to get a liite scrapbooking,cooking, sewing,golfing,horse riding baby girl!!! (if she is anything like you!!)

john & natalie said...

Hey! This is Natalie(Barney) just getting back in touch with some old friends. Congratulations on the baby! That is so exciting and you look awesome. My blog is private right now but you can email me at nberger07@gmail.com for an invitation.

Ainsley said...

yay! and i really have been waiting for this post :)!!! a cute little cow girl and a talented violinist (of course). i'm so excited for you guys.

Kristy said...

Congrats! I am very happy for you. Let me tell you, we don't have as much a farm as you do, but my dad taught me to work on ours. I am glad for it! There were nights when Karley and I had to jump up at 2 am because a horse had kicked his way out of a stall (dang things!) and we had to round it up and fix the pen. Then there were times we had to jump up because a mare was going into labor. That doesn't count the stacking bales, cleaning stalls, feeding the chickens, cat, and horses.

I am sure this little girl is going to be very blessed to be in your home and she will learn to work as much as need for your fun farm!!!

Haden said...

congratulations. I am so excited for you. I have lots of girl clothes--not really cowgirl clothes though. :)

Anonymous said...

Janessa!!!

I am so excited for you! You will love her no matter what. I have always wanted a boy first too, but ever since Kelly had a girl, I changed my mind! Girls are the BEST!

Stephanie said...

Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see more pictures of little Maggie!!

Ben and Kelli said...

Janessa! It's Kelli,your old next-door-neighbor :). It has been so long since i talked to you but i faithfully read your blog and always run out of time before i can leave a comment! I am so excited for you and Jonathan, you sound so happy and you will have a beautiful baby girl i am positive! Congratulations!! I don't have a blog but email me at kellirolson@yahoo and say hi when you get a chance! Love ya!