We've been busy, busy, busy trying to squeeze the most out of what's left of summer. I have a ton of pictures on my phone that I wanted to include in this post, but my phone and the computer are apparently not on speaking terms and I couldn't get them to load. Hopefully I can get it to work another day. Until then, here's what I had from the other camera.
Maggie and I entered a few pictures in the county fair and we took home a blue ribbon for all of our pictures. (Which, truthfully, isn't saying much because they give everything a blue or red ribbon. Maggie was excited to get paid $6 in premiums from her blue ribbons though, and I left with $15 more than I entered with, so I can't complain either.)
This was one of my pictures. Frankly, I was a lot more impressed with my pictures before I printed them. I'll give Sam's Club one more chance, but the pictures were not as clear or crisp as they should have been and I was disappointed in the quality. Yesterday fell under the category of "perfect summer day." My parents came up and we went for a drive to a nearby cemetery to do some family history research, but it turns out my relative wasn't buried there like my Mom originally thought; he had only died in the town. Then we went to lunch at Taggart's Grill (yum) and then we went fishing. I have always wanted to catch a tiger trout. It's written down on "Janessa's Life List: 101 Things to do Before I Die"and everything. Call my crazy, but I have had a life list written down since before they became popular and everyone started calling them bucket lists because of the movie by the same title. Anyway, back to fishing. I've heard that they stock the reservoir by our house with tiger trout, so I at least knew where I could go to try and catch one. We fished below the dam yesterday and as soon as I got my fly wet I had a bite, and lo and behold it was a tiger trout. The picture of it is on my phone, so I can't include any proof on the blog, but I promise it's not a fish story. In fact, I'll even let you know that it was only about 6", but a tiger trout is a tiger trout and another check off my life list (don't interpret that as one step closer to dying. Usually once I check something off, I add something new so there's always roughly 100 things I'd really like to see or do.) Once the excitement wore off and I was able to fish again, I found a nice hole with some giant fish in it. The first bite I had got away from me, but the second one I landed. It was a nice 16.5"x 1.5 pound rainbow trout. The picture of me is not the greatest picture ever, but who looks dolled up when they're fishing? Normally I release everything I catch, but I couldn't get this fish unsnagged in time so we decided to bring it home and eat it. Maggie has seen me release fish before, so when she started inquiring about this fish and why it wasn't going back in the water she started wailing and crying because I had killed the fish. I thought she got the concept of hunting and fishing, but the news was too much for her tender heart to handle. She did seem to enjoy eating it though, so maybe she understands now :)
i never included pictures from the 4th of July, so here's a few. It is one of my favorite holidays.
We went to our friends house and played water kickball and had a potluck.
They have a giant swing in their yard, which Maggie had the time of her life on.
I didn't trust Lane to hold on as well, so he didn't get pushed very high, but had fun nonetheless.
A few days later my cousins put on a big slip n' slide in their yard out of a big roll of industrial plastic. The kids had a blast, and I'd be lying if I told you I didn't as well. They even built a jump, with the landing being into an inflatable pool. Everyone laughed about Maggie's enthusiasm about going off the jump when they were setting it up. She was one of the few kids with the guts to go off the jump, and she loved it. Really, at that point it was more of an adult slip n' slide than one for the kids, but that wasn't going to stop her.
These triplet fawns have been playing in the field by our house. It's the first time I've ever seen triplets.
This was another one of my fair pictures. It was not this clear looking once I had it printed, which kind of ruined it.
Remember that saddle I was fixing? Well, here's the finished product. I was shocked how new it looked when I was done. It still had a few flaws, but it was ridable and in much much better shape than when I first got it!
My first time lacing the back jockeys together. It was so fun I think I'll do it on my own saddle :)
All summer long we've had a few hummingbirds eat out of the hummingbird feeder at a time, until one day it ran out and I refilled it and they drank all 20 ounces in one day! It was the weirdest thing! There was a steady group of hummingbirds fighting over having a turn at the feeder. At one time I think I counted 15 zipping around the feeder waiting for a turn. I tried to get a good picture, but there are still some outside of the frame of the picture. I mixed it up the same way I always do, but the way they were acting I had to wonder if I had changed something to make it more desirable.
We;;, we've been up to much more than this post lets on, like rodeo weekend with family, I've had girls camp, etc. But I guess I'll include all that when I can get the other pictures off my phone. I will try not to let another month pass :)










No comments:
Post a Comment