This week was much more calm and enjoyable than the last few weeks. We went up to help Daddy take some pictures of heifers. Lane sat in his stroller and watched and Maggie stood in the bed of the truck and watched. They both got a little impatient by the end, but they were still better behaved than some of the heifers :)
Maggie might look terrified here, but this is her smile-for-the-camera face.
Then I tell her to smile normal and I get a mostly normal smile :)
I guess Maggie got scared of all the Mooing because she covered her ears and started crying; and like the nice mother that I am I took a picture of it. Good thing we were basically finished when this happened. I promise I did put the camera down and comfort her.
Maggie loves combines. You probably think we pushed it on her, being a farm family and all, but honestly we didn't. She saw one not too long ago, I told her what it was called, and now she won't stop pointing them out and getting excited. Then she always says, "I love combines!" So you can bet she was thrilled when a combine "came to our house and cut the grain." Maggie and Lane had lots of fun watching it out the window. I hope the driver didn't mind us gawking at him (though, he was preoccupied enough that I doubt he even noticed.) Too bad that field is pretty tiny because the fun didn't last very long. Maggie's also obsessed with pointing out school buses. I'm not sure where this obsession came from, but she gets excited every time she sees one. Her pronunciation is more like "chew-buts" though. It never fails to make me smile :) Her birthday is in a month. Should I make her a combine cake, school bus cake, or a traditional girly pink butterfly cake? She keeps telling me she wants a pink cake, so I think I'll stick with the butterfly :)
Saturday was my birthday. It started out as a mediocre day. Not really bad, but not great either. I knew Jonathan would have to work most of the day so I thought I would invite my friends to go get frozen yogurt with me. Not a single one could come because they were all camping, or at the state fair, or at a wedding, etc. They all had a good excuse, but it still left me slightly depressed. Then my attempt to make myself a birthday cake failed and I was left with the top halves of my cake rounds stuck to the pan. I think this happens every year. It must be a sign that I'm not supposed to make my own birthday cake. I let myself have a day off from housework, which I think I'll be paying for the rest of the week, so I'm not sure it was worth it. Plus it left me feeling rather lazy.
Things got better once Jonathan got home from work. We went out to eat at Frontier Pies and then went and got my frozen yogurt. Plus, today I got a super long Sunday nap, so it was all good in the end.
Apparently my birthday was boot themed. Jonathan got me a new pair of boots because my pregnancy with lane made my feet bigger, which made my other boots a little on the small side. I can still wear them, just not for very long before they get uncomfortable. It was nice to have my feet comfortable and stylish the whole day long :)
Jonathan's parents got me this cute rug. Should I put it in front of the stove or at the front door?
My other presents are in transit somewhere, and it's looking like I'll get to stretch my birthday over the course of a month :) I love surprises in the mail! Thanks everyone!
1 comment:
So sorry about your birthday! I'll try to remember for next year and bring you a cake. (definately not as good or pretty as you make I'm sure!) Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! One of these days you come visit ol' Jonathan give me a call. I'm pretty sure our girls would have a lot of fun playing together!
Post a Comment