Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tardy Tuesday and Bull Sale

Yesterday was the bull sale so I didn't accomplish anything that I normally do on Monday (Hence no Memory Monday).  Plus yesterday was Pie day (since pi=3.14...and yesterday was 3/14.  Lame I know, but it's a good excuse to eat pie.)  I never had time to bake a pie like I try to do for tradition's sake.  Instead I dropped Maggie off at a friend's house and Lane and I ventured up to the sale.  I helped out a little since I'd feel guilty eating a free lunch (and apple pie to ease my pie day guilt) without contributing anything (since I obviously was not going to buy a bull).  I just helped with the phone bids and picked up the sale tickets from the auction block to give to the sale clerks after every ten lots or so sold.  Nothing too exciting, but no one else likes picking up the tickets and I don't mind it so I volunteered.

The other ladies I knew all took turns holding Lane.  They all remarked what a good baby he was.  He didn't make a peep the whole day except to giggle once or twice.  I think he was just happy to be getting all the one on one attention :)  

The sale went well and it looks like we'll probably be heading to Nevada, South Dakota (hopefully we can stop at Mt. Rushmore), Oregon, Wyoming, and who knows where else delivering bulls.  I'm looking forward to some family time on the road even though Maggie gets bored after two hours and starts tugging at her seat belt while saying "Outta here" over and over.  I'm wondering how our sanity will survive the long trips.  I'm tempted to leave her with Grandma if Grandma's willing, but then that wouldn't be much of a "family" trip now would it?  Any pointers on road tripping with a 2 1/2 year old?

Our Relief Society birthday party is on Thursday and I still have a lot I need to do to get ready for it so my belated Memory Monday is going to be short and sweet and in commemoration of Saint Patrick's Day.

The first St. Patrick's Day after Jonathan and I started dating he wasn't wearing any green so I pinched him.  The only problem was that in his eyes he was wearing green.  Since he's color blind the green shirt he thought he was wearing was actually blue.  Actually it was a nice plaid that was a pale teal color, but was definitely closer to blue than green.  He got after me for pinching him because his shirt was green.  I laughed and said it was blue.  We didn't have a full blown argument over it; it was more like a light hearted banter, but it did end with him vocalizing his strong dislike for a "holiday" that requires you to wear green.  I don't think I've ever tried pinching him on St. Patrick's Day since then.

Photobucket

No comments: