Monday, December 20, 2010

Celebrating Christ

I saw this picture on facebook tonight and couldn't not share it.  The Provo Tabernacle caught on fire early Friday morning; it was a complete loss.  I never actually stepped foot in the building, but I drove by it several times growing up.  It was beautiful and a wonderful pioneer landmark.  Some might say it's just a coincidence that the whole image didn't burn, but I think it's a reminder that Christ is with us, even in times of despair and trial.  What a wonderful reminder of Him this time of year when it's so easy to focus on the commercial aspect of Christmas instead of the true meaning.

We spent the weekend in Utah to visit with family and celebrate my Grandfather's 86th birthday.  It was fun to see cousins I haven't seen in quite some time.  I forgot to get a picture of Lane with his great grandfather though.  Rats!  We also saw the mostly finished remodel job of the house I grew up in.  It looks much different.  My sister Lisa is renting it from my parents.

The only other newsy thing going on here is that I visited the dentist and found out I needed two crowns.  Lucky for me, my dad makes crowns.  That saved us a little money.  Unlucky for me, I have been in a lot of pain ever since they worked on me last week.  My nerves in my mouth are going haywire and I really hope they calm down soon.  
 Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your teeth! It must be pretty painful! I am glad you were able to go to the party. I wish we could have come, but we had my cousins sealing to go too. It would have been fun to meet your little ones, and Adam meet you.

Star said...

That picture is incredible. Definitely more than coincidence. Hope your teeth feel better. How did your dad get into making crowns? Just curious.

Zane & Gina Manhart said...

Wow. Thanks for sharing that picture. It's amazing how the Lord works and has his hand in things. Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas. I hope you teeth get feeling better soon.