Halfway through cooking a whole Thanksgiving feast for our little family I started wondering what the point was. It was a lot of food and a lot of work for just two adults and a little munchkin to eat. I started wondering if there were any widows we could invite or other friends, but I couldn't think of any. It was Thanksgiving though and we couldn't not celebrate, so I finished cooking everything.
Neither of us like turkey very much, so I broiled a few tenderloins. Honestly, I don't mind if I have steak instead of turkey every Thanksgiving from here on out :) Aside from the steak, we had the traditional Thanksgiving fix-ins that we enjoy--mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, rolls, cinnamon rolls, orange rolls, raspberry Jell-o, and pumpkin pie. Everything turned out nice and yummy. In a way it was nice to celebrate with just our little family, though we did miss the rest of our extended family.
Now for the storm story...Let me first just say that I'm really thankful I wasn't still nine months pregnant and expecting to go into labor any day. I would have had to have a home birth I'm pretty sure.
We found it both humorous and interesting how many people made remarks about our house today at church. Most people called it an igloo. Our house definitely received the brunt of the storm as far as our town is concerned. The open field behind our house offers no protection from the wind, which never stopped blowing for five days. And, might I add, that it was blowing at least 20 miles per hour for all five days. It seems like most of the snow blew into our yard to stay. In fact, our drifts are so impressive that we've had neighbors take pictures of them.
Here's my photojournalism of the storm:
I spy a Jonathan. He's standing behind one of the drifts.
Lane's latest stats are 12 pounds six ounces, 58th percentile and 25th percentile for height. Poor guy has to be bathed with pink wash cloths, but that's all we have and they do the job just as well as a blue one, I promise. He's getting more and more handsome every day. He seems to have a red tint to his hair, so I'm curious to see what color it ends up being.

2 comments:
What a storm! I can't believe there is that much snow. WOW! Little Lane is getting so handsome, just as you say. He is adorable!
I cannot believe that snow!
Post a Comment