Monday, November 15, 2010

Art by Jack and the Cutest Wrangler Tush Around

It rained a lot last night and a good portion of that rain seemed to freeze. The frost on the car this morning was an interesting sight, comprised of several sheets of decorative ice where the rain water began to run off before crystallizing. The pictures don't do it justice, but you get the idea. Jack Frost is some artist.

I cleaned out Maggie's drawers on Saturday and realized she only has about two pairs of pants that really fit. She's at a weird between sizes stage. The smaller sizes are floods on her and the larger sizes drown her. I had these Wranglers stowed away in a box waiting for Lane to grow into them, but they ended up fitting Maggie. She doesn't seem to mind that she's wearing boys' jeans, and I personally think she looks quite cute in them.
Maggie had a fever for half of last week. I kept wondering if I should let it run its course or bring her to the doctor. I was worried it might be a urinary tract infection, but I didn't want to go to the doctor just to have them tell me it was viral. I wish there was an easier way to know if things were viral or bacterial. Anyway, I knew she must be feeling pretty miserable when I caught her asleep on the couch after her usual nap. Maggie just doesn't fall asleep like that (and she didn't want any proof either since she opened her eyes when I took the picture). She seemed to be getting worse by the third day, so we decided to bring her in. The doctor was fairly certain she had strep throat after checking her out, but the culture came back negative. It was something similar to strep though so he prescribed some medicine. The pharmacist was completely shocked that this is her first time being on antibiotics. She has been a very healthy little girl and we count our blessing for that.

On another health note, my blood work came back normal of any genetic clotting problems. So that't good news. I'm not sure exactly where I go from here, except I'm pretty positive I'll have to be on blood thinner each pregnancy. Also, I had food poisoning over the weekend from licking the spoon of raw brownie batter. I couldn't resist and I ended up paying for it.
Lane will be two months old on Wednesday. I still don't feel like I have him completely figured out yet, but I'm working on it. And again I feel like a bad mom for the lack of pictures I have of him. I keep meaning to take a picture of how handsome he looks in his church clothes, but then he spits up all over them and the photo-opp is over. Someday.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Jake and Des said...

That is a pretty cute tush and really nice picture Janessa. I love it!