Sunday, November 22, 2009

Home Sweet Home

I never know what to write here anymore. It's not that I think my life is boring, because I'm actually very happy with where I am in life. I'm just worried that my life is boring to read. So if you care you can proceed. If not, I won't be offended. Most of the stuff I write is for my own record anyway.

To begin, I never announced that our sister-in-law had her twin boys. If my memory serves me correctly they were born on the 14th. Both weighed just under four pounds and are doing well. I used to think that multiple births were some what rare, but I'm beginning to think that they're not. Maybe it's just because I am at the child-bearing age along with most of my friends so I hear about it more often. I now have a sister-in-law with twins, a friend with twins, a friend with triplets, and a friend expecting twins...and I think I might be forgetting one more set of multiples. I'm curious if anyone else knows this many people with multiples...let me know.

Jonathan took a business trip to Phoenix last week. The week leading up to his departure I was debating what I should do while he was gone. I think I changed my mind every hour. I thought about staying with my family, but most of them would be at work every day and I wasn't sure how I would occupy myself. (Sorry Dad and Mom) I thought about staying home because I had a few projects to finish before Thanksgiving. I was worried I would get fretfully lonely being home alone though.

My final decision was to stay with my in-laws and I'm glad I did. I never got lonely, I had Grandma to help me with Maggie, and I had a lot of fun. Plus I didn't have to worry about what we were going to eat the whole week since I didn't want to cook a full meal just for Maggie and I. (I hope you don't think I used you for your food...it was just an added perk).

Most days it was just my mother-in-law and I. We went shopping, which is NOT a favorite past time of mine, but I needed new clothes that actually fit. (What is it about having a baby that morphs your body into a shape that doesn't fit clothes anymore?) I did end up finding some good deals, so I guess it was worth going shopping.

We made applesauce and apple jelly. We played with the puppies. We went to quilt stores and amazingly I didn't add any fabric to my stash! I did a little Christmas shopping. I ate a lot of good food. And I did miss Jonathan, but not as much as I would have being home alone.

Jonathan got home late Thursday night/Friday morning. Then we drove to Star Valley, Wyoming to help his boss unload a tractor. We spent the rest of Friday with his family and we drove back home yesterday. It's nice to be home again, but I'm thankful for my in-law's hospitality (and I'm not just saying all this because I know you're reading it).

Now on to Thanksgiving with my family.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Jill said...

Um, next time your hubby goes on a business trip, you should just load up little maggie and come visit me in washington...we could spend the whole weekend crafting!!

And I don't think your life is boring, I always like to know what people are up to!

Unknown said...

I dont know what it is about multiples either but I know lots of people that have them too! But I think it might just be that once you know people with twins or have them yourself you notice them more. but it does seem like more people have multiples more these days then normal. but who knows!

Star said...

You could have stayed at my place, that way you could be company for Jonathan partway down and then partway home again. I'm smack dab in the middle of you guys and phoenix. Of course, if he flew, then that plan is nixed. Anyway, just to let you know, I do follow your blog religiously because you seriously amaze me. I don't know how you do half the things you do. And I loved the comment about morphing mommy bodies. It's absurd how that happens and I completely sympathize with you! I think we need a visit sometime.