Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Maggie, Garbage Day, Fire and Other Updates

I can't stop taking and sharing pictures of Maggie...she's too darn cute! I'm sorry that 99.9% of this blog is about her. Actually, I'm not sorry because she is what my life consists of. Plus, none of her grandparents, aunts, uncles, or cousins live nearby so they see her grow up vicariously through this blog. Here are a few of her favorite things:
Our dog Duke. She likes to watch him play fetch, but what she really loves is to pet him. He's not usually close enough or sitting still long enough for her to though. This is one of the rare occasions that she got to give him a good scratch behind the ears.
She loves playing with the turning cupboard. The other night she pulled the bread out, spilled it on the floor and started helping herself to a slice. She takes after her daddy--she LOVES bread.
She likes to make us laugh, even if she has to pull some pretty goofy faces to do it. Today she kept sticking her tongue out at us...I'm not sure where she learned that one.

And in case you care:

The garbage people never came and swapped out our can like they told us they would last Wednesday. Jonathan e-mailed them and they never replied, nor did they send the picture of our house that they took to prove that our can wasn't out. Our trash can was bulging at the seams since it hadn't been emptied for three weeks. Brace yourself because this may come as a shock. They actually picked up our trash today! Hopefully this becomes a regular event, since that's what we're signed up and paying for. I can finally clean out the fridge since I'll have a place to put the smelly garbage. :)

The fire I mentioned the other night has grown a lot. It is now 14.5+ square miles. There's another fire burning in Teton National Park and another smaller one in Yellowstone. All together there are over 13,000 acres burning and the smoke in the sky shows it.

We have a little bucket that all our loose change accumulates in. It probably had over four years worth of change in it. Our local Wal-Mart just got a Coinstar machine so I brought in our collection and cashed it all in. I was thinking I'd get $20 tops. All together it added up to $49.78! Not bad for a bunch of dimes, nickels, and pennies. I use quarters to pay for dollar items at the craft store, so there aren't usually any quarters left in the pile. In fact there was only 1 quarter counted, but 958 pennies, 249 nickels, and 275 dimes.

I'm beginning to think my life may be a little dull if the coolest thing I have to blog about is my spare change. I'll try to do something a little more interesting before the next post.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I love seeing pictures of Maggie! don't cut back. :)

counting change is so much fun! You can go on a good date with that change.